Official March 21st NYC Meet Thread
Mar 22, 2009 at 5:27 PM Post #62 of 177
wow great meet, I love the North East DIY stuff everything from full blown works of art to office trays serving double duty as an amp case.

I have to make it out for a meet next year.

Congrats on another awesome meet, thanks for the great pics

Mar 22, 2009 at 5:28 PM Post #63 of 177
Thanks to everyone involved in setting this up especially Aaron and SiBurning for organizing.

I was happy to see Jack and his Dad from Woo Audio. I'm always impressed by the quality of the builds and was very glad to hear their new amp (WA22). Wonderful sound!

I was fortunate to be set up next to Nate and got a chance to hear the Menace. Wow! Being a Stax fan, I also had put myself in front of the Blue Hawaii (great job to HeadAmp / Justin) and smiled the whole time I was there. I came back a few times to try different styles of music and even tried my SR-404s on it for comparison. What most caught me (besides the shear energy top to bottom) was how real they sounded.

I got a chance to listen to the B22 and was very happy with the sound as well.

I really liked the two room setup. I think it kept the noise level down in both.

Anyway, I'm still smiling... It was truly nice to see familiar friends and meet new ones.

Thanks again
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 22, 2009 at 5:52 PM Post #64 of 177
Glad to see you posting Kerry. Again, your work is top notch and you should be posting more! It was a pleasure meeting you, looking at and listening to your excellent amplifier, I can't to see your next project.
wink.gif

I too am still smiling, although I suspect that my SEG is largely due to enjoying this rig for the last 4 hours.
110492739.jpg

Mar 22, 2009 at 5:58 PM Post #65 of 177
I don't know were to start . This was my first meet . I have to say I was impressed by the amount of equipment . Also everybody I met and talked to were great . The Vendors were
really great to talk to also . Nikongods & listens2tubes vinyl rig was exceptional . Moon Audios Cary equipment was AWESOME , Drew you have me counting my pennies . Red Wine Audio's Vinnie Rossi was a pleasure to talk to . His & ALOs new Amphora amp Imod setup was Amazing . You have a real winner . Jack at WU Audio was great to talk to also . Wu audio sounded great . Their Balanced rig was amazing . I was really taken by their fully modded WA6 SE . They made my Senn 600 with 18g Jenna labs cable perform . Also the Cary Xciter tube amp made them sound like my speaker system . Red wine's & ALOs Amphora had no trouble driving the 600s either and the sound was very impressive . The amphora is a great sounding amp . I wish I could have spent more time at the meet . But for the time I spent I was Blown away . Listens2tubes(Neil) was really a fun guy to talk to .
I can't wait for the next NYC meet . Maybe by then I will have a new Tube Headphone Amp .
Thanks to everyone who put it together . You Guys did a great job , KUDOS to all......

Mar 22, 2009 at 7:23 PM Post #66 of 177
Anyone with some of these, Give 'em UP!!!!!! If you please, that is. Thanks much.
wink.gif
tongue.gif
wink.gif

Mar 22, 2009 at 7:52 PM Post #67 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Glad to see you posting Kerry. Again, your work is top notch and you should be posting more! It was a pleasure meeting you, looking at and listening to your excellent amplifier, I can't to see your next project.
wink.gif

I too am still smiling, although I suspect that my SEG is largely due to enjoying this rig for the last 4 hours.
110492739.jpg

Absolutely beautiful. You are a lucky man
atsmile.gif

Mar 22, 2009 at 8:29 PM Post #68 of 177
What a great looking meet! The amount of gear is mind blowing, specially all the DIY. But best was seeing familiar faces, glad you all had a great time. Look forward to more impressions on the ALO Amphora.

Mar 22, 2009 at 8:49 PM Post #69 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Absolutely beautiful. You are a lucky man
atsmile.gif

That's what his wife keeps telling him!
biggrin.gif

Mar 22, 2009 at 10:21 PM Post #70 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's what his wife keeps telling him!
biggrin.gif

Thankfully my wife wont be leaving on Tuesday, but the BHSE will.
smile_phones.gif

Mar 22, 2009 at 10:37 PM Post #71 of 177
That was a great meet. I was there very early and left after two hours. I had a recording session to go to. Shucks that I didn't get into the photos. I loved listening to the HE Audio Dade. The Sennheiser Orpheus was way cool as always. Nice seeing everyone again. Anyone going to CamJam2009; if so, I will be there. Thanks for all your efforts. I don't know if there was a money collection; as I left at 12.30pm. Send me an address; so I can send out a check. Enjoy Scottsmrnyc

Mar 22, 2009 at 11:05 PM Post #72 of 177
I wanted to give a nod to Vinnie of Red Wine Audio. I had a very nice conversation with Vinnie and he offered up some generous suggestions on modding my Olive music server. He was also very generous in offering up an iMod conversion for the silent auction to raise money for the rooms.

Vinnie has always been terrific to deal with when I had two iMods performed by RWA and some questions about his other products. It was great to finally meet the man. Someone who just "gets it" in how to run a business - not to mention the awesomeness of his products.
biggrin.gif

Mar 23, 2009 at 12:18 AM Post #73 of 177
hm

Mar 23, 2009 at 12:28 AM Post #74 of 177
Not to much as far as impressions as I got to the dance late ,I had to work in the morning.

Man, Jude was everywhere
very_evil_smiley.gif

BHSE sounds as good as it looks,Top notch build Justin.
Vodoochiles Maple tree amp sounded as good as it looks,very impressive when matched with Aris vintage RS1s.

Amphora amp with the AKg 701s at the RWA table produced a lot of quality sound out of a small package(note to self,must take AKG701s out of box & give them quality listening time).

Nates onto something with his Meet Rack build.

It was great hanging with everyone again,Brownies top notch.

Aaron ,Siburning great job .another great NY meet.

Mar 23, 2009 at 12:33 AM Post #75 of 177
Sad to see our German Friends didn't pull through for us and have an HD800 at this meet.
Perhaps there will be one next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back