Official Los Angeles Regional Summer Meet - Saturday, July 20, 2013 Warner Center Marriott, Woodland Hills
Jun 18, 2013 at 11:28 PM Post #286 of 665
Quote:
Quote:
Forget the gear, just bring you.  Besides, you know it's impossible to hear everything at a meet anyway.  Wow, Playa?  You're like kinda close to me.  I'm right off of Maxella, a little north of you.

That is where two of my cases are.  I live near SMC, but i often have coffee in the Peet's down there next to Wahoos.  

Near the court? 
eek.gif
  Soooo close... I'm a few blocks east of Villa Marina!

Jun 19, 2013 at 1:50 AM Post #288 of 665
Quote:
SMC= Santa Monica College.....
wink.gif

LOL, no I know that, I thought you were saying that you have coffee at the Peet's near me. 
biggrin.gif

EDIT:  There's a Peet's on the corner of Lincoln and Mindanao.

Jun 19, 2013 at 4:18 AM Post #289 of 665
Man I'd love to go to this, even if just to hear the HD800's. But one of my dad's clients is giving us badges for Comic Con the same weekend. Does anyone know when the next meet will be?

Jun 19, 2013 at 4:52 AM Post #290 of 665
We don't currently have plans to do another one ATM, so potentially never?

Jun 19, 2013 at 5:19 AM Post #291 of 665
I believe there is one next year. I know people in OC/SD want to get one together, but no one has stepped up into that role. 
I, (like others, I'm assuming), will simply make to LA instead of waiting for one to be put together.

But I don't feel THAT bad for you, you get to go to freakin' COMIC CON!!!! Tried to get tickets myself, but wasn't able to get them. =/

Jun 19, 2013 at 11:25 AM Post #292 of 665
Got the mockup of the single-malt glass done last night for the meet.  When filled with the appropriate beverage, this glass has been known to decrease jitter of listener as well as increase the euphonics of music
tongue_smile.gif

Image was generated in Illustrator and converted to a vinyl template using a a vinyl cutter.  Template is then adhered to the single-malt glass and a solvent is used to etch the glass.

Price is $10/glass.  PM me with your order and I'll make sure to have some set aside for you at the meet (be sure to include the number of glasses you want).  See you there!

Oban 18year not included
wink_face.gif

Jun 19, 2013 at 12:08 PM Post #293 of 665
LOL, no I know that, I thought you were saying that you have coffee at the Peet's near me.  :D  

Yes that is the peets I go to on my way to work. I was confused about your term court.

Maybe at one point we can do a mini mini with a small group between meets.

I am having an internal debate about the AK120 that is driving me crazy. It is one of those, "I don't need it but I want it, and by the way it has many advantages over my current choices." Hope I survive till the meet to hear it before I buy one, price wise it is kind of painful during my slow season.

Jun 19, 2013 at 12:54 PM Post #294 of 665
Quote:
I believe there is one next year. I know people in OC/SD want to get one together, but no one has stepped up into that role. 
I, (like others, I'm assuming), will simply make to LA instead of waiting for one to be put together.

Aww, don't say that! 
redface.gif
  Comic-Con happens all the time, this might never come again! 
wink.gif
  Must come! 
smile.gif

Quote:
Got the mockup of the single-malt glass done last night for the meet.  When filled with the appropriate beverage, this glass has been known to decrease jitter of listener as well as increase the euphonics of music
tongue_smile.gif

Image was generated in Illustrator and converted to a vinyl template using a a vinyl cutter.  Template is then adhered to the single-malt glass and a solvent is used to etch the glass.

Price is $10/glass.  PM me with your order and I'll make sure to have some set aside for you at the meet (be sure to include the number of glasses you want).  See you there!

Oban 18year not included
wink_face.gif

Wait, so you can put anything you want on it.., including a bit of text commemorating the meet? 
smile.gif

Quote:
Quote:
LOL, no I know that, I thought you were saying that you have coffee at the Peet's near me. 
biggrin.gif

Yes that is the peets I go to on my way to work. I was confused about your term court.

Maybe at one point we can do a mini mini with a small group between meets.

I am having an internal debate about the AK120 that is driving me crazy. It is one of those, "I don't need it but I want it, and by the way it has many advantages over my current choices." Hope I survive till the meet to hear it before I buy one, price wise it is kind of painful during my slow season.

Oh!  I'm pretty sure that, in the same strip mall as that Peets, there is/was a small traffic court or family court at one time.  I could be wrong so don't lay down money on it.

Yeah, we should totally do mini meets!  I just went to one two days ago over near Culver City.  ALO Studio Six, LCD-3, Q701, HD 800, Cardas Ear Speakers, and of course an SR-009 w/WES.  Plus a whole bunch of random gear.  I brought home an RSA DarkStar as well, which is finally making the HD 650 sing the way it's supposed to.

I'm actually looking to pick up an AK120 soon as well.  I've been looking far and wide for an all-in-one portable lately, after deciding against a full brick.  The HM-901 is a no go for me... the DX100 and DX50 remain viable contenders... but I like what I've heard from the AK120.

Jun 19, 2013 at 1:51 PM Post #295 of 665
Quote:
Wait, so you can put anything you want on it.., including a bit of text commemorating the meet? 
smile.gif

Good suggestion.  Let me try it out tonight.  More pics to come!

Jun 20, 2013 at 5:08 AM Post #296 of 665
Jun 20, 2013 at 1:48 PM Post #297 of 665
Quote:

Awesome!  Thanks! 
wink.gif

Bad news, I don't think the text is going to work for the single-malt glasses.  Still a good suggestion though
bigsmile_face.gif

Jun 20, 2013 at 7:57 PM Post #298 of 665
It works!  and   It's worthy of bringing.

(Needs the cabinet)

Jun 20, 2013 at 11:35 PM Post #300 of 665
Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back