Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread
Mar 6, 2016 at 5:04 PM Post #2,236 of 3,817
  I probably missed it. Do we have a HEK traveling case?
Thank you! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Very very tight fit, but.... it fit ! 

Mar 6, 2016 at 5:29 PM Post #2,237 of 3,817
Thanks!
Turns out my large Ebay hard case also fits it nicely so I am good :)

Mar 7, 2016 at 5:02 AM Post #2,239 of 3,817
Currently using my HEK with the Moon Neo 430HAD and it sounds absolutely amazing.

The Moon destroys the HDVD 800 and Valhalla 2 in comparison with every headphone I have tried so far (LCD-X, LCD-3, HD800, HD800S, HE-1000, FAD Pandora Hope VI, DT 990 (600 ohm))

Mar 7, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #2,240 of 3,817
  Currently using my HEK with the Moon Neo 430HAD and it sounds absolutely amazing.

The Moon destroys the HDVD 800 and Valhalla 2 in comparison with every headphone I have tried so far (LCD-X, LCD-3, HD800, HD800S, HE-1000, FAD Pandora Hope VI, DT 990 (600 ohm))

(Looks up price of 430HAD)

Wowee Zowee, I sure hope it does! That's awesome you get to use such a TOTL amp with a TOTL headphone.

Mar 7, 2016 at 3:41 PM Post #2,241 of 3,817
I will be getting my own Chord Dave in a few days and I'm wondering what would be a nice single-ended cable upgrade for my HE1000 (currently stock) paired with that. The HE1000 will be used direct from the Dave - no amp. I've heard good things about the Moon Audio Silver Dragon but unfortunately I can't find that for demo in the UK. I might still go for that but does anyone have any other recommendations for me to consider? Thanks

Mar 7, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #2,242 of 3,817
I will be getting my own Chord Dave in a few days and I'm wondering what would be a nice single-ended cable upgrade for my HE1000 (currently stock) paired with that. The HE1000 will be used direct from the Dave - no amp. I've heard good things about the Moon Audio Silver Dragon but unfortunately I can't find that for demo in the UK. I might still go for that but does anyone have any other recommendations for me to consider? Thanks

I've been using the Moon Audio Silver Dragon v3 and I quite enjoy it.

Mar 7, 2016 at 4:52 PM Post #2,244 of 3,817

For my HE-X I just ordered a DHC "Molecule Elite SP Silver 8 wires" (instead of the BETTER "Complement 4 Silver " for portability reasons)

Mar 7, 2016 at 6:49 PM Post #2,245 of 3,817
Well when it comes to cables, I'm currently testing out a 1/6-inch plug braided cable from eBay seller ELA Audio. You pick the color, termination and length all at the cost of $91. It feels excellently made and the connectors are all high quality. I think I hear a sound different (smoother, bit more present and detailed in the vocals and high end), but I'll reserve my judgement after doing a little more  testing. So far it's a hit. And I only ordered that cable because I got impatient waiting for a Norne Audio cable, haha.

Mar 7, 2016 at 6:52 PM Post #2,246 of 3,817
  Well when it comes to cables, I'm currently testing out a 1/6-inch plug braided cable from eBay seller ELA Audio. You pick the color, termination and length all at the cost of $91. It feels excellently made and the connectors are all high quality. I think I hear a sound different (smoother, bit more present and detailed in the vocals and high end), but I'll reserve my judgement after doing a little more  testing. So far it's a hit. And I only ordered that cable because I got impatient waiting for a Norne Audio cable, haha.

I am considering grabbing a 15ft purple XLR terminated ELA Audio cable. Let me know how it compares to anything else you end up getting.

Mar 7, 2016 at 11:12 PM Post #2,247 of 3,817
So far the ELA cable really seems to smooth out any digital source harshness the HE1000 displayed at higher gain/volume settings. The treble and mids seem smoother as well. It's hard to describe the overall improvement beyond making things feel warmer and more musical without losing any detail. I think it's definitely worth trying.

Mar 8, 2016 at 12:12 AM Post #2,248 of 3,817
So far the ELA cable really seems to smooth out any digital source harshness the HE1000 displayed at higher gain/volume settings. The treble and mids seem smoother as well. It's hard to describe the overall improvement beyond making things feel warmer and more musical without losing any detail. I think it's definitely worth trying.

Maybe I should grab one just to compare it to my silver dragon.

Mar 8, 2016 at 3:14 AM Post #2,249 of 3,817
Has anyone used the HE1000 with the Auralic Taurus mk II? How's the synergy? Thx

I use my Taurus MKII with HE1000, synergy is excellent, both in balanced and standard connection, even if technically std should be better given the low impedance of the headphone. Taurus is connected via XLR to a Vega using filter 2.

I have changed the HiFiman stock cable though, with the stock cable I have found some harshness, so now I'm using the FAW Noir HPC MKII and I must say this cable is a real bargain, same details and transparency as the stock plus no more harshness.

Mar 8, 2016 at 4:52 AM Post #2,250 of 3,817

Pretty awesome - assume that you are using Dave as a preamp / DAC for your main rig? Using it solely for the purpose of headphones seems like an overkill...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back