OFFICIAL 2012 Bay Area Meet Thread (California) February 11th, Saturday
Dec 13, 2011 at 2:19 AM Post #18 of 473
Here we go!!

Not sure if I'm bringing anything but a couple cans. I didn't really get as much time as necessary with all the great equipment last year.
Either way... I'm in.

Thanks CEE TEE for setting this up. Can't wait!

Dec 13, 2011 at 12:10 PM Post #20 of 473

Quote:
As mentioned in the interest check thread, I'm definitely in.  Gear list TBD.

same here. If there is room on a table I will bring:

modded AKG K340 (the old electrostatic/dynamic cans, not the new thingy they call K340), Hifiman HE500, Beier T1

Woo Audio 3 and 6SE and (if there is interest and space) Meier Corda Opera

Meier Stagedac, Squeezebox Touch, and modded ONIX XCD-88

Dec 13, 2011 at 12:46 PM Post #21 of 473
I should be able to attend again, barring future obligations.  Let me know if you need any help, CEE TEE.  I live in South San Francisco and can make it over to the Burlingame Double Tree pretty easily. 

Haven't added anything to my audio gear list (spent too much disposable income on photography gear this year) other than the UE11's I purchased from this year's meet, but am able to bring my gamma-2/Elekit TU-882/HD650 home set up with a laptop as a transport if there is room. 

Dec 13, 2011 at 6:50 PM Post #24 of 473
Hey CEE TEE

You might actually get more people to sign up and attend the "Offical 2012 Bay Area Meet" if you said at the beginning of the thread what this meeting is about, instead of just assuming everyone knows.

As this thread is on Head-Fi, it not hard to guess what this meet is about
But someone has to go through all the posts trying to be clear what this meet is about.
Just my 2.0 cents, (or $.02).

Dec 13, 2011 at 6:52 PM Post #25 of 473
Quote:
I could bring a Manley 300b neo preamplifier(with 300b and 482b tubes), a Stax SRD 7 transformer adapter for Stax phones (yes, Stax works great with the Manley), and a pioneer cd player, and Stax 507, Stax new SR3, and Ultrasone Edition 8 headphones.

That  would  be two large components and enough room for a  couple of headphones.  Probably not as high standard as some rigs, but the Manley doesn't show up around here  often.

Yes, please bring your Manley 300B preamp!

Dec 13, 2011 at 7:46 PM Post #26 of 473
Hi There,

I provided some links to the previous meet in the first post. The impressions link has lots of pictures and gives a great idea of what we hope for with this meet too.

Maybe I should select a fun pic from last year for the beginning of the thread?

This past meet thread looked like a ransom note with all of my funky-sized/colored text and pictures (I had no idea what I was doing and it kept GROWING).

Trying to keep this thread looking a little more...*ahem* elegant.
redface.gif

Quote:
Hey CEE TEE

You might actually get more people to sign up and attend the "Offical 2012 Bay Area Meet" if you said at the beginning of the thread what this meeting is about, instead of just assuming everyone knows.

As this thread is on Head-Fi, it not hard to guess what this meet is about
But someone has to go through all the posts trying to be clear what this meet is about.
Just my 2.0 cents, (or $.02).

Dec 15, 2011 at 2:46 AM Post #29 of 473
My schedule doesn't allow me attend (unfortunately) but I'd like to contribute some gear if possible. Maybe we can work something out where an attending member can meet me the week prior to pick up the stuff? Mdraluck23 lives pretty close to me. 

Anything in my profile is pretty much fair game. Some of it is out on loan but I'll see what I can do. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back