Official 2006 (Inter)National Meet - April 22nd & 23rd
Apr 21, 2006 at 3:56 AM Post #511 of 607
hey guys,
I just sent a PM to Immtbiker on this.
I am not bringing any equipment, but if you feel some may be interested I could take my Scott-Nixon USBTD with me.
Should I bother ? Got to tell you that when I saw the list of equipment people are bringing in I was....wow, I feel sooo small
smily_headphones1.gif

gio

Apr 21, 2006 at 6:12 AM Post #512 of 607
There is an extra ticket available for the Bela Fleck and the Flecktones show Friday night. If anyone wants it let me know. I believe there is no charge. I am at the Adria so the ticket can be picked up (I will have to print it at the business center) or I can email it to whoever wants it. Let me know by pm.

Apr 21, 2006 at 2:03 PM Post #514 of 607
Quote:

Originally Posted by giovanni
hey guys,
I just sent a PM to Immtbiker on this.
I am not bringing any equipment, but if you feel some may be interested I could take my Scott-Nixon USBTD with me.
Should I bother ? Got to tell you that when I saw the list of equipment people are bringing in I was....wow, I feel sooo small
smily_headphones1.gif

gio

Gio,
My SNTD+ could always use some company.

Apr 21, 2006 at 2:14 PM Post #515 of 607
There are no small gear setups. Only small actors
tongue.gif

Apr 21, 2006 at 3:40 PM Post #518 of 607
Guys,
this is my first meet and I was wondering, should I bring some of my music and hopefully have a chance to try that with some of the setups ?

What if I bring an iPod ? is it likely I will be able to connect it ?
Most of my music is in my computer since I have lost a container with all my classical cd's. Otherwise what I could do tonight is burn a few CD's if you guys thing it might be easier than connecting an iPod to the various rigs.

By the way could I borrow someone's mini-RCA cable for my iPod dock - it's the only source I am bringing ? thx !
I will be bringing my USBTD, but I will need someone with a USB source ...

gio

Apr 21, 2006 at 4:19 PM Post #519 of 607
Quote:

Most of my music is in my computer since I have lost a container with all my classical cd's. Otherwise what I could do tonight is burn a few CD's if you guys thing it might be easier than connecting an iPod to the various rigs.

I'd think most people won't mind you connecting your iPod to test out their amps and phones. You may want to burn some CDs as well so you can try people's CD players and/or DACs with your music.

Apr 21, 2006 at 4:22 PM Post #520 of 607
FYI - I took a quick look through the thread and couldn't find this clarified but the actual address of the Adria is 22033 Northern Blvd., at least that's what Map Quest and Google Earth think. So for anyone looking for directions (I'm a last minute planner, what can I say) use that address, not the 220 that the map on the first page shows. The 22033 also checks out when you use the Adria's website to get directions.

Looking forward to shaking a few hands tomorrow and hearing some sweet gear!

Nate

Apr 21, 2006 at 5:02 PM Post #521 of 607
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher
FYI - I took a quick look through the thread and couldn't find this clarified but the actual address of the Adria is 22033 Northern Blvd., at least that's what Map Quest and Google Earth think. So for anyone looking for directions (I'm a last minute planner, what can I say) use that address, not the 220 that the map on the first page shows. The 22033 also checks out when you use the Adria's website to get directions.

Nate

That's "220-30" Northern Blvd. (hyphen in the middle) The "220" part means that it's near 220th Street.

Unlike Manhattan which has simpler addresses (such as 550 Madison Avenue, 31 Park Row, etc.), Queens addresses start with the Street (or Avenue, Road, Drive, Lane, Crescent, etc.) number, followed by the building number on that block.

Apr 21, 2006 at 5:04 PM Post #522 of 607
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher

Nate

Thanks!

Would've been one expensive cab fare.

Are there shuttle vans that are cheaper, or should I just hail a taxi?

-Ed

Apr 21, 2006 at 5:04 PM Post #523 of 607
Quote:

Originally Posted by Romanee
That's "220-30" Northern Blvd. (hyphen in the middle) The "220" part means that it's near 220th Street.

True enough, I was just trying to give people what Mapquest would recognize.

Ed, I'm betting a quick call to the hotel would yield the best results on the cheapest way to get there, I assume you're flying in.

N

Apr 21, 2006 at 5:53 PM Post #524 of 607
Quote:

Guys,
this is my first meet and I was wondering, should I bring some of my music and hopefully have a chance to try that with some of the setups ?

By the way could I borrow someone's mini-RCA cable for my iPod dock - it's the only source I am bringing ? thx !
I will be bringing my USBTD, but I will need someone with a USB source ...

gio

Gio,
I will have my laptop with me.

Apr 21, 2006 at 6:08 PM Post #525 of 607
looks like i'll drive down sat morning too,
but from boston, may stay over sat night if driving alone or to cooridinate w/others

could return sat night if driving can be shared

i think i enabled email, pm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back