Official 2006 (Inter)National Meet - April 22nd & 23rd
Apr 19, 2006 at 1:30 PM Post #466 of 607
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher
While I can't compete with the 2200 miles my NYC journey will start between 4 and 5am on the day of the meet. Nothing like a little Cannonball Run to the Nat'l Meet.
evil_smiley.gif

Ya, i'll be doing too. Hope to get to Flushing Chinatown for breakfast. Malaysian breakfast! YUM! Anyone wanna join me?

Apr 19, 2006 at 2:59 PM Post #467 of 607
Purgatos and I are getting on the train around 9am in the morning Friday... we arrive in NYC 9pm Friday.
frown.gif

Oh well, should give us some time to chat and everything. I think the train is licensed.
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 19, 2006 at 4:07 PM Post #468 of 607
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Don't remember this one being asked before, but for the Raffle Ticket and Donations, what method(s) of payments will be accepted?

Cash only?

PayPal(we'll have WiFi access), personal checks(for members with solid feedback), bank checks, money orders, credit cards?

Also, can the Vendors list what type of payments they will accept, and if they are willing to accept an order, and the payment to follow after the show?

-Ed

Hey all --

Mike from UE here. We will accept checks and credit cards for any major purchases. But we will also be having a few small additional raffles at our table so do bring some cash. Trust me- your odds of winning a UE-10 will be pretty sweet!

late

Apr 19, 2006 at 5:23 PM Post #469 of 607
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron
...Dude, Tyll has a MicroAmp and DAC on his key-chain for the van he just drove 2/3 of the way across the country!

Right -- the Amp is modded as a cigar cutter, and the DAC as cigar lighter.
tongue.gif

Apr 19, 2006 at 5:25 PM Post #470 of 607
Quote:

Originally Posted by MtotheDeez
Hey all --

Mike from UE here. We will accept checks and credit cards for any major purchases. But we will also be having a few small additional raffles at our table so do bring some cash. Trust me- your odds of winning a UE-10 will be pretty sweet!

late

Sweet, Mike. Are you going to have any of those raffle tickets when we are out on Friday night? What do you like to drink?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll
Hey! I'm in NY! Whew! What a drive: 2200 miles. See you Saturday!

According to Google Maps, my trip is 2,915 miles. Glad as hell I'm not driving it!
basshead.gif
Vic and others coming from London have us California Head-Fiers beat at 3,500 miles. Can anybody top that number?

Apr 19, 2006 at 6:30 PM Post #471 of 607
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
I think the train is licensed.
evil_smiley.gif

For a 12+ hour trip I should hope so!

I can only drink on the northern part of the trip though. Damn USA, highest drinking age in the world, isn't it?

Apr 19, 2006 at 6:36 PM Post #472 of 607
Quote:

Originally Posted by Purgatos
For a 12+ hour trip I should hope so!

I can only drink on the northern part of the trip though. Damn USA, highest drinking age in the world, isn't it?

I didn't know you were that young... hmmm, maybe you won't get carded.
wink.gif

Apr 19, 2006 at 7:00 PM Post #473 of 607
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
I didn't know you were that young... hmmm, maybe you won't get carded.
wink.gif

Well, you could always buy drinks in Canada, then hope the bartender lets you continue to buy them in the USA.

Apr 19, 2006 at 7:38 PM Post #474 of 607
Quote:

Originally Posted by jbloudg20
Well, you could always buy drinks in Canada, then hope the bartender lets you continue to buy them in the USA.

That sounds like a quick way to make the top 10 dumbest reasons to miss the national meet...

"Got arrested on the train because I was drinking underage."

Apr 19, 2006 at 7:44 PM Post #475 of 607
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher
That sounds like a quick way to make the top 10 dumbest reasons to miss the national meet...

"Got arrested on the train because I was drinking underage."

HAHAHA. Infamy!

Apr 19, 2006 at 8:14 PM Post #476 of 607
Quote:

Originally Posted by jbloudg20

I could stock up in Canada and transfer them to my own personal liquid containment units!

Apr 19, 2006 at 8:37 PM Post #477 of 607
Quote:

Originally Posted by Purgatos
I could stock up in Canada and transfer them to my own personal liquid containment units!

A much better option!

Apr 19, 2006 at 9:56 PM Post #479 of 607
Sorry if this was already mentioned... I read through the informative posts at the beginning of the thread and did not notice it.

Saturday is 11-7 and Sunday is 11-4 from what I understand... if we have a table and require setup time should we come earlier, or is 11am when the doors open?

Thanks,

Jay

EDIT: nevermind, I think I found what I needed... I guess the post is updated futher down. Oops, my bad.
redface.gif

Apr 19, 2006 at 9:59 PM Post #480 of 607
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron
Will Tyll have a MicroDAC? At a meet? At the First Annual [Inter]National Meet? Dude, Tyll has a MicroAmp and DAC on his key-chain for the van he just drove 2/3 of the way across the country!

[size=xx-small]Don't worry Table-Buddy, I'm sure there will be MicroDACs aplenty at the Headroom table[/size]

Haa! Funny! No joke I have 4 micro-stack loaner kits, 3 BitHead loaner kits, 2 Desktop kits, and and 1 Max Balanced loaner kit. Are you bringing a laptop? You can borrow the Max and plug it in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back