Offensive Album Covers
Oct 11, 2010 at 11:07 AM Post #48 of 123
They took off my three LPs from the days of old????  I posted Pictures of The Beatles "Butcher Cover"....Blind Faiths "Young Girl with her small breast showing holding the chrome car hood plane"......and Alice Coopers LP cover art showing his thumb sticking out through his costume where his man-hood would have been.......Say it ain't so? Those aren't that offensive by today's standards are they???   oh, well.....

Oct 11, 2010 at 12:50 PM Post #50 of 123

Quote:
Child nudity and nudity in general are even more taboo now than before.

Yes, I can understand the Young (pre-teen) female cover/pic of the Blind Faith LP being taken off, but the other two????  PS... Don't want you guys to think I'm a perv!  Plus seriously, I'm a Believer in the "MAN UPSTAIRS" and should have know better then to post that cover, but I did it for more of a "History Lesson", then to just be showing some young T and A!!

Oct 11, 2010 at 1:55 PM Post #51 of 123
I guess a good rule to follow is that if you can't find the album at Walmart then it is not safe to post.

So here's an example of an album that Walmart wouldn't sell.  ::wink_smile::
Don't worry.  It is not offensive.  It just happened to have a Prozac pill on the front and Walmart don't allow drug references though they'll happily sell it to you at their pharmacy.

Good luck finding Voyage 34 by Porcupine Tree at Walmart.

Oct 11, 2010 at 8:07 PM Post #54 of 123
Nice find.  I'm saving that one. 
smile.gif

Understand that it has nothing to do with whether *I* think something is offensive, but because while we might be sitting in our rooms, other people are reading Head-fi from cubicle farms where co-workers can see their screens, or maybe they are browsing from a family computer where kids can see what is being viewed, or from countries where the government will ban a site over the slightest thing.  As such, we simply can't have pictures with nudity posted here, period.  I agree it's crazy that it has to be this way, but if it means everyone can feel safe viewing Head-fi, then it's worth it.

Oct 11, 2010 at 10:08 PM Post #55 of 123

Quote:
Nice find.  I'm saving that one. 
smile.gif

Understand that it has nothing to do with whether *I* think something is offensive, but because while we might be sitting in our rooms, other people are reading Head-fi from cubicle farms where co-workers can see their screens, or maybe they are browsing from a family computer where kids can see what is being viewed, or from countries where the government will ban a site over the slightest thing.  As such, we simply can't have pictures with nudity posted here, period.  I agree it's crazy that it has to be this way, but if it means everyone can feel safe viewing Head-fi, then it's worth it.

party pooper

Oct 12, 2010 at 12:08 AM Post #56 of 123

Quote:

No seriously, the one below is a bit risque if you study it closely..lol

I bought this one today (the Rhino version).  Due in part because it was on my mind due to this thread and I saw it at the used CD shop. 
smily_headphones1.gif

I swear it says "we ate the acid"

There doesn't seem to be a good high res high quality version of this cover available.  The version Rhino has available is poorly done.  I may have to scan and edit it myself.  This cover deserves a proper good hi res version.  Unfortunately the copy I bought is used and the digpak cover is a little scuffed.  Not an ideal source for a scan.

I also picked up "To Terrapin" as well.  I've been on a Dead kick lately.

Oct 12, 2010 at 1:08 AM Post #57 of 123
Santana Abraxas
Lennon Two Virgins
Frank Zappa Overnite Sensation
Jimi Hendrix Electric Ladyland
Spinal Tap Smell The Glove

Oct 12, 2010 at 5:25 PM Post #60 of 123

Quote:

I bought this one today (the Rhino version).  Due in part because it was on my mind due to this thread and I saw it at the used CD shop. 
smily_headphones1.gif

I swear it says "we ate the acid"

There doesn't seem to be a good high res high quality version of this cover available.  The version Rhino has available is poorly done.  I may have to scan and edit it myself.  This cover deserves a proper good hi res version.  Unfortunately the copy I bought is used and the digpak cover is a little scuffed.  Not an ideal source for a scan.

I also picked up "To Terrapin" as well.  I've been on a Dead kick lately.

Sweet! Awesome album Ham. I love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back