Ocharaku Flat-4 KAEDE (Maple)
Jul 16, 2013 at 11:23 PM Post #841 of 1,190
Quote:
The comply ts-500 also works very well with the kaede. They're smaller and more comfortable. 
The ortofons make the kaede sound thinner in comparison to the kaede but is much more comfortable.

Yes I am using the TS-500 also (although the TS-200 would be a more secure fit on the nozzle). The TS tips are the way to go with Complys but they are a hassle compared to the silicon tips and they don't quite disappear in my ears like the Heaven VI B tips.

Jul 16, 2013 at 11:36 PM Post #842 of 1,190
The ortofons make the kaede sound thinner in comparison to the complys, but is much more comfortable.
Quote:

Yes I am using the TS-500 also (although the TS-200 would be a more secure fit on the nozzle). The TS tips are the way to go with Complys but they are a hassle compared to the silicon tips and they don't quite disappear in my ears like the Heaven VI B tips.

True, the TS line works really well.
I havent tried the Heaven VI B tips. How do they sound compared to the complys?
The Kaede that Im using, once belonged to Lee. He mentioned using UE tips with the Kaede. He could chime in with his views on the tips.

Jul 16, 2013 at 11:58 PM Post #843 of 1,190
The Heaven VI Bs sound similar to the Complys in my view; they sound very good. I tried the TF10s this morning on Lee's suggestion. They were okay but they seemed a bit harsher in the treble than both the Complys and Heaven VI Bs.

Jul 17, 2013 at 6:40 AM Post #844 of 1,190
Quote:

...That doesn't in the least hamper my enthusiasm for obtaining a pair of incoherent iems.

The incoherence is the one aspect that will always make me recommend those IEMs — simply put: it can't get much worse than that.

Quote:
Thanks for the links music_4321 . These are my personal favorites where I found the Kaedes perform blissfully good . Simply gorgeous renditions by the Kaedes. These phones are so musical !
Kaedes are fun fun fun to listen..I can simply describe them as being 'effortlessly disciplined' like a master stroke from a calligraphy brush..so much done right!

Glad to hear you enjoyed those tracks. Yes, the KAEDEs are a very special phone and already a very dear one to me; 14 consecutive days of sheer audio joy with quite a few moments of sonic amazement at what these little portable things are capable of—often finding it hard to take them off my ears—is a testament to that.

Jul 17, 2013 at 5:30 PM Post #845 of 1,190
The KEADEs doing their thang brilliantly once again, as they often do, specially on well-recorded and/or mastered music. Unfortunately, this youtube version only hints at the really superb rendering of this track by the F4s (Note: At least the song—admittedly of the sleazy sort—will please the likes of Messrs shotgunshane & woodcans, though our cheerful sparrow also happens to love this track): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCS5jp6buH0

And here a very interesting and different version of the same track, which, incidentally, sounds great through the KAEDEs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zq0gDRRPG8

Jul 17, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #846 of 1,190
Not the first time this is happening, but I dont know if anyone else has witnessed the Kaedes coming out of the blue with a surprise knock, leaving you floored and speechless. Did it to me now on this track. You must hear the abyssal lows on this track,
rendered supremely by the kaede.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DZ2bQhGd3o

Jul 17, 2013 at 8:37 PM Post #848 of 1,190
^   Here's a beautiful track I'm sure you'll enjoy a lot / love — and it's rendered beautifully by the KAEDEs: http://grooveshark.com/#!/s/07+Second+Chance/4C6mE8?src=5

Jul 18, 2013 at 8:18 PM Post #854 of 1,190
Jul 18, 2013 at 8:25 PM Post #855 of 1,190
Quote:

There are 3 Ocharaku Flat4 models (SUI, KURO & KAEDE, the KURO being the latest model). I suggest you do a bit of research and see if any of these might be for you. The KAEDEs are/were the most expensive of the three and had a limited run of 200 units (read: no more KEADEs will be made), so finding a pair might be a bit difficult, and if you do, you may end up paying (quite a bit) more than the original price of ~$900.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back