Obscure Chinese DAPs
Mar 17, 2015 at 3:42 PM Post #587 of 8,143
Just bought one of these, no more waiting to transfer
wink.gif

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lexar-Professional-High-Performance-Memory-Reader/dp/B00NPSZ42I

Mar 17, 2015 at 10:03 PM Post #589 of 8,143
Sound is good, almost up there with the very best and expensive daps, but lacks that last bit of refinment imo.
This is not such good news in my book, i am waiting for some obscure company to surprise, not play catch up with the big boys for a pity share of our cash.
Problems lie in the whole presentation, very cheap looking and semi-DIY feel about it, no real support and very obscure future.

Really? From the pics they look like a well built premium looking quality product. Maybe you could post more close up pics on the area you mentioned lacking in quality and cheap diy?

Mar 18, 2015 at 7:38 PM Post #591 of 8,143
yes, i exagerated a bit, i now quite like this dap, SQ is actually superb.

So it will be a shame if they don't address the issues, mainly:

1 Artwork
2 Can't shuffle
3 Screen much better in 1.0.0.3 but is still far from good enough, i end up selecting the wrong song/album if i manage to select anything at all:)
4 No gapless
5 Shows random extra letters etc
6 No place to get firmware, it is almost like secret society :))

There's more im sure, but don't be put off like i was on the first day, this is the biggest bargain to hit the dap market,
Top tier sound for $500,$600, not bad

Mar 18, 2015 at 8:50 PM Post #592 of 8,143
yes, i exagerated a bit, i now quite like this dap, SQ is actually superb.

So it will be a shame if they don't address the issues, mainly:

1 Artwork
2 Can't shuffle
3 Screen much better in 1.0.0.3 but is still far from good enough, i end up selecting the wrong song/album if i manage to select anything at all:)
4 No gapless
5 Shows random extra letters etc
6 No place to get firmware, it is almost like secret society :))

There's more im sure, but don't be put off like i was on the first day, this is the biggest bargain to hit the dap market,

Soundblast can you tell me if it supports otg memory? I have one of those meenova adapters so would plug that in to expand memory if possible.. Oh and how's battery life?

Cheers

Mar 18, 2015 at 9:02 PM Post #593 of 8,143
Soundblast can you tell me if it supports otg memory? I have one of those meenova adapters so would plug that in to expand memory if possible.. Oh and how's battery life?

Cheers

Just tried, no luck, sorry.
battery life is good.not sure yet if the 12 hours are flac related or mp3, suspecting 7-9 of flac
Will update when i know

Mar 18, 2015 at 9:30 PM Post #594 of 8,143
Just tried, no luck, sorry.
battery life is good.not sure yet if the 12 hours are flac related or mp3, suspecting 7-9 of flac
Will update when i know

Cheers bud,thanks for that..maybe a future firmware will change it or something.. Keep us updated anyway..

Mar 19, 2015 at 1:18 AM Post #595 of 8,143
[/quote]

These really make the AKs sound overrated and overpriced

Mar 19, 2015 at 5:07 AM Post #598 of 8,143
These really make the AKs sound overrated and overpriced

So the sound is not that great and balanced? How's the DSD playback on L5?
By the way, venerable L5 owners, have you tried L5 in USB DAC mode already? How does it perform in that mode (is DoP (DSD over PCM) appropriately implemented)?

Mar 19, 2015 at 6:09 AM Post #600 of 8,143
I mean they make Astell&Kerns players sound overrated. The L5 is very balanced sounding

Good to know. For me Astell&Kern DAPs are, probably, the most overpriced on the market (I haven't heard any of them and do not deny that they may sound very good, as well as mediocre or just not to my liking, though :) features\price-wise, at least. From this perspective L5 really looks good (provided the UI and firmware are improved over time)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back