Objectivists board room
Aug 14, 2015 at 12:07 AM Post #977 of 4,545
  Opamp rolling can be real, just stick in an ancient 45 year old 709 and listen to the increased noise level and if you have a high gain circuit the possible treble roll off due to the bad open loop frequency response and the effects of the poor slew rate. Not to mention the possible instabilty by a capacitve load that can be cured by increasing the compensation capacitor which further reduces bandwith and slew rate.
It must really suck for an audiophile to live in the past or to buy a cheapo poorly designed product on fleabay. So the best advice is not to live in the past or buy cheap S#1t. 
eek.gif

We're not talking about 45 year old crap though. The actual amp has great design. I was iffy about the whole chinese ebay thing but it's a great product especially considering the price, enough to be a big hit on massdrop. What's happening is that a couple people are unhappy with the sound they're getting from their setup and relating it specifically to the opamp combination....somehow.

Aug 14, 2015 at 12:08 AM Post #978 of 4,545

Yes thank you, I don't know why EQ is so hated on H-F. I mean I know it has to do with purity or it being a digital process (whatever that means at this point, in an industry ruled by the digital process anyway), but it makes no sense to me to roll tubes, opamps, buy multiple dacs and amps for different perceived audible differences with no genuine direct-comparisons made.... I love my EQ.

Hey- that's logical! Oh, right-it's sound science. :)

Aug 14, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #983 of 4,545

Oh, it happens to all of us, sooner or later.

And BTW we're not allowed to discuss such things. I think I'm just gonna report the both of us, so that we can follow Steve into head-fi heaven and the mods can clean this mess up. 
biggrin.gif

Nothing to see here, you lookie-loos!

Aug 14, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #985 of 4,545
I just noticed Steve Eddy was banned; how'd that happen?

Generally someone with actual knowledge of "how stuff works" gets mobbed by people who subscribe to what some of us consider "snake oil." When it escalates bans ensue. I may point out violations of physics but I let it go to avoid pointless acrimony.

Aug 15, 2015 at 4:14 PM Post #986 of 4,545
Oh, it happens to all of us, sooner or later.

And BTW we're not allowed to discuss such things. I think I'm just gonna report the both of us, so that we can follow Steve into head-fi heaven and the mods can clean this mess up. :D

Isnt it ok to discuss bans on a thread dedicated to bans? Lol

Aug 16, 2015 at 1:54 AM Post #988 of 4,545
I think this is why my first post to this thread got deleted.

Let's keep promoting CD mats and stuff so the mods think this thread is useful.

There is a lot of Magical Tech in the Audiophile world Science is antithetical to Magic. What we need is a "Sound Magic" Forum to discuss the effects of Will and use of Magic Imbued Objects on Veil Lifting. It needs to be free from Physics. No Ohm's Law, Maxwell's Equations, Electrical Engineering Dogma!
Without interference I'm sure the Mages could devise Magical Amps, DACs, DAPs etc that completely circumvent Science.

Aug 16, 2015 at 5:12 AM Post #989 of 4,545
There is a lot of Magical Tech in the Audiophile world Science is antithetical to Magic. What we need is a "Sound Magic" Forum to discuss the effects of Will and use of Magic Imbued Objects on Veil Lifting. It needs to be free from Physics. No Ohm's Law, Maxwell's Equations, Electrical Engineering Dogma!
Without interference I'm sure the Mages could devise Magical Amps, DACs, DAPs etc that completely circumvent Science.

Age of Technology is ending. The age of magic is dawning upon us :)

Aug 16, 2015 at 10:03 AM Post #990 of 4,545
  That doesn't eliminate the need for a CD Mat. 
tongue.gif

Or Diapers!

Yes thank you, I don't know why EQ is so hated on H-F. I mean I know it has to do with purity or it being a digital process (whatever that means at this point, in an industry ruled by the digital process anyway), but it makes no sense to me to roll tubes, opamps, buy multiple dacs and amps for different perceived audible differences with no genuine direct-comparisons made.... I love my EQ.

Yes you do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back