Objectivists board room
Aug 13, 2015 at 7:15 AM Post #962 of 4,545
That doesn't eliminate the need for a CD Mat. 
tongue.gif

Aug 13, 2015 at 12:20 PM Post #964 of 4,545
By neutralizing the red laser light it takes away the aggressiveness. Finally people notice the coloration of the sound by the unmodified laser light. Quite a revelation! I wonder how it synergizes with THE MAT, though.

Oh! That explains it!

Aug 13, 2015 at 2:11 PM Post #967 of 4,545
By neutralizing the red laser light it takes away the aggressiveness. Finally people notice the coloration of the sound by the unmodified laser light. Quite a revelation! I wonder how it synergizes with THE MAT, though.

The color of the CD mat affects the coloring of the sound. For example, if they had used purple, the recognizable frequency response change would be different. Although I understand some colors produce very undesirable results.

Also, apparently it HAS been proven that anyone who trust their ears can hear the difference, and it also does not help cheaper CD players. One user testimonial said:

"Easy to use and relatively cheap. Tried this with a group of people who could not see whether the disc was in the player or not-everyone agreed that the disc did slightly improve the sound.
It may make more of a noticeable difference the higher the quality of the HI-FI system-I can imagine on a poor set up there would not be a noticeable difference."
http://www.analogueseduction.net/system-tune-up-and-upgrades/sid-sound-improvement-disc.html

Aug 13, 2015 at 11:10 PM Post #973 of 4,545
I would try that with a warm outlet to balance the Blue SID- That pesky VEIL won't stand a chance.

Speaking of "veil," here's another one: "picky" headphones. For example, seen a few people saying the AKG K7XX is picky about amps. I know it's a bit difficult to drive, but that's not what they mean. Apparently the K7XX (and some other headphones) only work well with certain amps among all the amps that can drive them well. It surprises me that they don't understand that the "picky" part is the specific "head" that goes in between the headphones. LOL

There are no "picky" headphones, just picky people!

Aug 13, 2015 at 11:25 PM Post #974 of 4,545
Speaking of "veil," here's another one: "picky" headphones. For example, seen a few people saying the AKG K7XX is picky about amps. I know it's a bit difficult to drive, but that's not what they mean. Apparently the K7XX (and some other headphones) only work well with certain amps among all the amps that can drive them well. It surprises me that they don't understand that the "picky" part is the specific "head" that goes in between the headphones. LOL

There are no "picky" headphones, just picky people!

You are discounting Magical Effects! It has nothing to do with the normal properties of the amps.

Aug 13, 2015 at 11:48 PM Post #975 of 4,545
Welcome. I came here for similar reasons. Somehow using EQ's is heretical- bass and treble can only be adjusted by magical means.

Yes thank you, I don't know why EQ is so hated on H-F. I mean I know it has to do with purity or it being a digital process (whatever that means at this point, in an industry ruled by the digital process anyway), but it makes no sense to me to roll tubes, opamps, buy multiple dacs and amps for different perceived audible differences with no genuine direct-comparisons made.... I love my EQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back