O2 AMP + ODAC
Apr 7, 2013 at 2:52 PM Post #1,216 of 5,671
Quote:
Does O2+ODAC+2xRCA+1/4"Out fit into the stock case? Or do I need a different case like the B3-080 from www.boxenclosures.com?

You definitely need B3-080, at least...

Apr 7, 2013 at 4:47 PM Post #1,217 of 5,671
Any other suggestions? Is it possible to build a O2+ODAC with an additional speaker amp like the 41hz AMP6 in one case with just one power supply?
Whats the best way to cut out the shape for the USB-input?

Really like this case: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/Boombastix/jani/20110412/522adc67_P1030012.jpg

Apr 7, 2013 at 5:52 PM Post #1,218 of 5,671
Quote:
Any other suggestions? Is it possible to build a O2+ODAC with an additional speaker amp like the 41hz AMP6 in one case with just one power supply?
Whats the best way to cut out the shape for the USB-input?

Really like this case: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/Boombastix/jani/20110412/522adc67_P1030012.jpg

No idea, really... That said, to get a prepared casing, contact Tyler from Mayflower Electronics, or JDS Labs directly. Both should be able to provide you with laser-cut panels and include that bigger case you need to built a fully-desktop version.

Apr 8, 2013 at 12:02 PM Post #1,219 of 5,671
I just got my JDS O2 amp, and in the first song I played I found a new baseline going. I don't know if I haven't paid attention to it before but the amp brought it forward that I really noticed it being there. 

Overvall super happy with my ampflier so far. Next in line is the ODAC for me. 

Questions about the amplifier what gain should I use? Is it depending on genre? 

Apr 8, 2013 at 12:13 PM Post #1,220 of 5,671
Quote:
I just got my JDS O2 amp, and in the first song I played I found a new baseline going. I don't know if I haven't paid attention to it before but the amp brought it forward that I really noticed it being there. 

The lowest gain that gets you to where you need to be volume-wise is a generally the best.

Apr 8, 2013 at 12:44 PM Post #1,221 of 5,671
Quote:

Yeah, go for the ODAC. Please don't change your mind.
You can't
tongue_smile.gif
go wrong with both of them

Apr 9, 2013 at 2:52 AM Post #1,224 of 5,671
Quote:

Use lower gain, higher can cause distortion if used with desktop sources. Higher was made for lower voltage sources, like mobiles/daps..

Apr 10, 2013 at 1:01 PM Post #1,230 of 5,671
speaking of which.... dont suppose theres any news on the ODA? i pretty much gave up hope on it to be very honest... last word about it from "the creator" was when? 2012? 2011? i think we can stop waiting for it by now no?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back