NYC Bi-Annual Meet March 3rd
Mar 2, 2007 at 10:17 PM Post #766 of 808
Quote:

Originally Posted by laxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh we get a treat on Saturday as well. Full lunar eclipe. =] It starts a little before 6 and ends right before 7. =] Bring your cameras.

Here's mine from 3 years ago:

Eclipse.jpg

Mar 2, 2007 at 11:05 PM Post #768 of 808
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ethan, if you don't come, who's going to [size=medium]bellow out [/size](and I quote):

"Everyone, can I have your attention! It's meets like these that make this a great group and if the room doesn't get paid for, we won't be able to have meets anymore. So everyone dig in and give Aaron some money?!"

(...group storms Aaron)

Without you and Tyll there I'm going to have to depend on the food and repair activity budgets getting cut into
tongue.gif

Ethan, I will come to your door, grab you and your stuff drive to NYC tomorrow morning. We want to see you again and Aaron needs you. Ping

Mar 2, 2007 at 11:57 PM Post #771 of 808
I'll be there if I can wake up on time.

Mar 3, 2007 at 12:14 AM Post #772 of 808
laxx:

If I can find my triple flange plugs between tonight and tomorrow they are yours.

I'm going to look around for the soldering crew and see if someone could desolder my pcm2702 chip off my alien dac, hope that's OK.

Bringing:
soha, hf-1, iaudio x5

I couldn't finish the CK^3.

Mar 3, 2007 at 3:34 AM Post #773 of 808
Good Eve' Chums,

Alas, I will not be going to the Grand Meet tomorrow — nor will Machead, with whom I was going to drive to the meet, and who has so graciously let me luxuriate in many of his audio treasures these many months.

Have a Super Time, Party Hardy … and I'll be waiting with 'bated breath (…no, not baited breath!) for your anecdotes, tall tales and poignant pics!

This would have been the first time in recent history that I'd have gotten to hear a current Xin amp at NYC meet — daveDerek's SuperMicro IV … a truly rare occurrence indeed, 'round these parts, and one that I was really anticipating (…perfect portables shootout-op missed! Drat.). Asr seems to be bringing at least one surprise — besides himself — and who knows what all else I'll miss […don't call the syntax police…] — so take lots of pics, please!

I also really wanted folks to hear the great sound from Machead's (fully burned in) X-RayCD transport > muse DAC > RKV-MkII (OPA627 upgrade)+EC/DC > K701. And I always want more folks to hear how the rarely-heard Portaphile LT1210 Maxxed stands up to the bevy of top-drawer portables around, as well as my well-cooked, beautiful, and smooth-sounding Tomahawk and M-Hornet.

Maybe we'll get all those toys to a mini meet sometime soon.

Just when I was feeling cool 'bout showing a little talent and promise as a Guitar Hero II noob, I'm shot down without striking a single chord.

I don't want to even think about everything else I'd want to hear, and the folks I wanted to see, some coming from far away lands such as California, Florida … Grand Caymans???… and ?????

Chat with y'all soon.

Best Regards,
Peter

Mar 3, 2007 at 3:43 AM Post #775 of 808
Hi,

I would like to hear some nice headphones as I'm shopping for something for home use. Currently I have Shure E4C and Sennheiser 650.

I can bring a high-end CD player, a Naim CDX (naim-audio.com)

Mar 3, 2007 at 3:49 AM Post #776 of 808
ok last call for people who want to go by LIRR... let me know if you want to meet up

Mar 3, 2007 at 3:59 AM Post #777 of 808
Yeah, looks like I won't be making it as well. I just booked a flight to Tokyo leaving this Friday and I have way too much to get done before then.

Was really looking forward to this one too. Have fun guys!

Best,

-Jason

Mar 3, 2007 at 4:05 AM Post #778 of 808
Romanee and jjcha,

Bummer guys, sorry to hear that both of you won't be making it. Something tells me this won't be the last NYC Meet...
icon10.gif

Ack, it's 11pm, t-minus 6 hours 30 minutes till I need to be on the road!
blink.gif
Must get to sleep now, I hope I remembered everything.

Mar 3, 2007 at 4:08 AM Post #779 of 808
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjcha /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, looks like I won't be making it as well. I just booked a flight to Tokyo leaving this Friday and I have way too much to get done before then.

Was really looking forward to this one too. Have fun guys!

Best,

-Jason

Oh too bad. The usual suspects are dropping like flies. I guess I won't bring your ES7s along. Take good care of my EW9s.

Peter, I'm going to miss all your portaphernalia and Machead, I'm going to miss your RKV. What can I say, I have amp envy.

Packing up the car now. Gotta get some sleep boys and girls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back