NY Area Fall Meet, Nov 14, 2009, Harrison NY - It's Official!
Oct 29, 2009 at 6:27 PM Post #287 of 457
Does anyone want to volunteer to make up sheets for the Almost Silent Auction?

Oct 29, 2009 at 9:59 PM Post #290 of 457
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yikes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I run the (not so) Silent Auction I bring all that is necessary. I did volunteer to do so, didn't I?

I did not realize you brought the bid sheets, as well. I apologize to and to David (vcoheda), who is already hot to trot.

David did have one idea which was to get whoever would be bringing an item to send the info ahead of time and make up the sheets. Of course there would still be blanks.

If you want his help, send him a PM. I will tell him not to do anything unless he hears from you.

Oct 29, 2009 at 11:58 PM Post #291 of 457
Just to remind everyone who is attending: Look through your stuff to see if you have anything that you might like to donate to the silent auction. Typically such items include (but are not limited to):
Anything Audio related: Old CD Players, D/A's, Receivers, and Accessories. (preferably functioning, but people have bid on malfunctioning CD players in the past). Do you have a set of headphones that you no longer use, but are to lazy to sell? Bring them and donate them to the Silent Auction.

People have also donated computer related paraphernalia (because all of us own computers also)

The idea is to raise money for the meeting space and find new homes for some of our extra stuff.

If you plan on donating something especially juicy post in this thread that you are going to be bringing the item for the auction. This way people will come prepared to bid.

If the auction goes well I won't need to go around and solicit donations for the room, and my Kids college fund
wink.gif

[size=xx-small]FYI - I have no Kids
regular_smile .gif
[/size]

Oct 30, 2009 at 12:08 AM Post #292 of 457
Wow there is quite a planned turn out for this one. Does anyone know how many people showed up at the last one up there?

I can bring some DACs for the shootouts and my amp has two single ended and two balanced inputs and will play with any headphone termination but electrostat.

My final gear list is:

PS Audio PerfectWave DAC, Metric Halo ULN-2 DAC
Toole Audio Balanced M^3
Macbook Pro>Amarra Music Player>Lots of Hi-Res music
Balanced HD-800s and HF-2s.

Oct 30, 2009 at 1:02 AM Post #294 of 457
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yikes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I run the (not so) Silent Auction I bring all that is necessary. I did volunteer to do so, didn't I?

Quote:

Originally Posted by erikzen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I did not realize you brought the bid sheets, as well.

Do you still have blank sheets from the bunch I originally made up for the first silent auction in Babylon a couple of years ago? If not, I might be able to find the original MS Word doc somewhere.

Oct 30, 2009 at 1:04 AM Post #295 of 457
Quote:

Originally Posted by vpivinylspinner /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can bring some DACs for the shootouts
: PS Audio PerfectWave DAC, Metric Halo ULN-2 DAC

I'd love to hear both of those Jeff!

Oct 30, 2009 at 1:17 AM Post #296 of 457
okay. i sent a bunch of pms for the silent auction. once i start to get replies, i'll make a post in this thread and update accordingly. this way, we can get an idea of what items will (might) be available for auction.

if i didn't send you a message (i think i got almost everyone) and you want to donate something for the auction, just send me a pm. also, as i mentioned in my message, the money goes to pay for the room and donating is completely voluntary.

thanks

Oct 30, 2009 at 2:06 AM Post #297 of 457
I'm going to make it a point to go to this event...is RS bringing his entire lineup for purchase? I think I want to pull the trigger but I don't know which one I want...

Oct 30, 2009 at 2:17 AM Post #298 of 457
Quote:

Originally Posted by ruknd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm going to make it a point to go to this event...is RS bringing his entire lineup for purchase? I think I want to pull the trigger but I don't know which one I want...

He usually shows up with a select few setups along with a variety of portables.

Oct 30, 2009 at 5:31 PM Post #300 of 457
I'll be donating a laptop sleeve to the auction. I sell laptop sleeves for chiefly apple laptops though they will fit some others.

If potential bidders want to check out the site and tell me if they have a potential color/style preference, I'll bring a small assortment with me so the bidder can choose.

site is Caseify - Welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back