Nuforce shipping high performance USB and 3.5mm cables in 2 weeks
Jul 4, 2010 at 1:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 70

jasonl

Member of the Trade: Heap Venture
Nuforce will introduce a series of very high performance but reasonably priced USB and 3.5mm cables in the next 2 weeks.

See http://www.nuforce.com/hp/products/cable/index.php

Nuforce Impulse USB Cable has been designed to optimize computer-based music playback via USB cable. By providing ultra-high bandwidth, superior RF noise rejection, and all-encompassing shielding, our Impulse USB Cable improves digital audio performance by reducing the jitter and timing errors normally associated with USB audio data transmission.
  1. Impulse USB-AB-1.8M - 3.5mm stereo to USB (1.8m), MSRP $29.95

NuForce Transient Personal Audio Cable has been specifically designed to deal with low-signal / high-noise personal audio sources. By employing a unique configuration of fine strands of high-purity (OFC) copper, minimal dielectric, and precision light-weight connectors, we have reduced overall mass to better convey low-level data, thereby delivering more accurate sound from portable devices. Available in 3.5mm to 3.5mm, and 3.5mm to RCA
  1. Transient PP-MM-1.5M   - 3.5mm stereo to stereo cable (1.5m), MSRP $24.95
  2. Transient PR-1.5M           - 3.5mm stereo to RCA cable (1.5m),MSRP $39.95
  3. Transient PP-MF-2M       - 3.5mm stereo male to female (2m), MSRP $29.95

Jul 4, 2010 at 4:20 PM Post #2 of 70
definitely glad to see these finally released
L3000.gif

Jul 5, 2010 at 4:47 PM Post #4 of 70
I'd definitely buy one if the length of the 3.5 mm to 3.5 mm was shorter (for a portable amp interconnect)

Jul 5, 2010 at 9:36 PM Post #6 of 70
[size=medium]

[size=small]Those seem to be very reasonably priced, but I'm sorry to say that the release of audiophile usb cables and employment of ridiculous audiofool marketing claims have made me lose trust&confidence in your products..[/size]
[size=small]which is a shame as I was really interested in some of your desktop products[/size]
[/size]

Jul 6, 2010 at 1:42 AM Post #7 of 70
Although I tend to be against the marketing of "high end cables" you can't really argue too much with those prices. My store sells standard value brand USB cables for around the same price and RCA interconnects for the same if not more. For the build quality of these cables, which looks excellent, I'd say it's worth it for the average consumer to go this route rather than the super cheapo terrible made cables or the averagely made big box store cables.

Kudos to NuForce for making reasonably priced / premium build quality cables available to mass market.

Jul 6, 2010 at 3:25 AM Post #8 of 70
They look pretty slick and aren't priced too high. That's what really matters. I could use a red extension cable so people don't trip over the thing. 

Jul 18, 2010 at 12:50 AM Post #11 of 70

Quote:

[size=small]Those seem to be very reasonably priced, but I'm sorry to say that the release of audiophile usb cables and employment of ridiculous audiofool marketing claims have made me lose trust&confidence in your products..[/size]
[size=small]which is a shame as I was really interested in some of your desktop products[/size]

I think you should reserve your judgment until you have heard our products, including the cables. Why high quality cables matter? Two very simple technical reasons: 1) Better shielding from noise 2) high purity copper

We were a little skeptical initially about USB cable but after checking out some competitor's cable, we became convinced (but feel that we can do better :)). We think $29.95 USB Cable can perform just as good as other similar cables costing several times more in price.

Jul 18, 2010 at 12:54 AM Post #12 of 70
Are the cables available already? On my mobile so it's a tad annoying to check other sites.

Jul 18, 2010 at 1:12 AM Post #13 of 70
Nice that you are selling this cables at reasonable prices.  I especially like the very thin 3.5mm plug, which is something I've long wanted as just about every plug I've tried doesn't work well with the case I have on my iPhone for the times I want the audio output of a game to go to my headphone rig.

Quote:
Nuforce Impulse USB Cable has been designed to optimize computer-based music playback via USB cable. By providing ultra-high bandwidth, superior RF noise rejection, and all-encompassing shielding, our Impulse USB Cable improves digital audio performance by reducing the jitter and timing errors normally associated with USB audio data transmission.

However, in the above statement, you state that your USB cable reduces jitter.  Would it be possible to ask you for some actual jitter figures, graphs or appropriate measurement data to support this?  I don't doubt you believe you've made something good, and as you say it reduces jitter then I'm sure you've measured it, but for everyone's sake, including yours, actual data on this would be helpful, including all equipment used.
smile.gif

Jul 18, 2010 at 5:30 AM Post #14 of 70
I reckon i'll buy the USB one just coz it looks cool and is gold plated :D

But really, differences in cables above $25-50 are placebo imo.

"The truth is in the eye of the beholder"

Jul 20, 2010 at 2:41 PM Post #15 of 70

Quote:
Are the cables available already? On my mobile so it's a tad annoying to check other sites.

I just checked the NuForce site and cannot see a way to order them yet... 
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back