Nuforce Primo 8 - an Audiophile Phase Coherent Quad Balanced Armature Driver IEM - Impressions
Feb 2, 2014 at 5:33 PM Post #46 of 454
  I guess I have to diappoint you people.
Nuforce did not have a demo unit there. Only this one in a glass box:

Copper + Silver cable?  That's an interesting design XD  I want to assume that the copper is for the ground while the silver for audio, but I could be wrong.  If I am wrong, it would imply that NuForce could be using variable resistive cabling to tune sound? 

Feb 2, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #47 of 454
Yes it could be so.Silver stranded wires for L/R and oxygen free cable(OFC) for individual grounding to avoid x-talk between them.

Feb 3, 2014 at 12:01 AM Post #48 of 454
Yes it could be so.Silver stranded wires for L/R and oxygen free cable(OFC) for individual grounding to avoid x-talk between them.

Not only that. But using copper to ground is a hell lot cheaper than using silver. Lol

Feb 4, 2014 at 8:19 AM Post #51 of 454
My review is done, but it's very long and wordy.  I really need to get some sleep and do another read-over and edit before I post it here on the first page.

Looks forward to your impression. I have put on hold the SE846 and really hope that the Primo 8 could save me some dough. Thanks in advance and hope to see some comparison if possible.

Feb 4, 2014 at 10:00 AM Post #52 of 454
Can't say I'm seduced by the aesthetics of this product, but I'll read HPA's review with interest, as usual. 
cool.gif

Feb 4, 2014 at 1:58 PM Post #53 of 454
I had not been feeling well for a while, so I have been putting off trying to compile dozens of pages of notes into a coherent review.

But with the burst of energy I was up until 4 AM Monday morning, and 3 AM this morning finishing it up. I just read it over and some of my notes got duplicated or were redundant, and there were a few typos.

So I'm going to try to clean things up, And I have asked a friend to look over it for their thoughts. I'm still trying to find someone who has the Shure or UE flagships to compare, since I switched over to custom IEM instead of high-end universal IEM.

Feb 5, 2014 at 4:04 AM Post #55 of 454
Feb 5, 2014 at 5:14 AM Post #56 of 454
Good Lord, you went above and beyond with this review! Very nice!
But...how can you tell that the bass extends below 20hz?

I would love to know how these compare to the Earsonics SM64.

People have been asking me that question for 6 years now, but I am able to perceive/hear 16Hz test tones.

Feb 5, 2014 at 8:18 AM Post #59 of 454
  Now that Chinese New Year is over, I might have the opportunity to meet with Nuforce's Wolfgang to get a small listen. But I'm not sure if the schedules will align yet.

I just shipped two bulk packaged Primo 8 to US from the few pilot production.  The one (one of three units with complete packaging) shown in Germany was sent by express mail and it arrived the day before the show.

Feb 5, 2014 at 8:35 AM Post #60 of 454
  I just shipped two bulk packaged Primo 8 to US from the few pilot production. The one (one of three units with complete packaging) shown in Germany was sent by express mail and it arrived the day before the show.

I'm in TPE, so I'm close by. Hopefully, they don't all get whisked away the moment they roll of the production line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back