Nuforce Icon Mobile: Early impressions
Dec 7, 2008 at 8:09 PM Post #31 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by nuforce-jason /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can you elaborate why the Nuforce LOC for Ipod is bulky? This is the smallest adapter on the market
confused.gif
It has the same width as the full size iPod or iphone, and about 1/2 inch in height. We provide a very short 3.5mm stereo cable for connecting the LOC to Icon Mobile.

May be you have the iPod Nano and the LOC would be too wide for it.

I can see how the Nuforce LOC might seem unnecessarily wide/bulky when compared to the likes of this:
IMO, the Nuforce LOC's side-exiting cable jack is a nice space-saving touch, though (provided one's cable has a right-angle plug).

Dec 7, 2008 at 11:00 PM Post #32 of 130
Quote:

Can you elaborate why the Nuforce LOC for Ipod is bulky? This is the smallest adapter on the market
confused.gif
It has the same width as the full size iPod or iphone, and about 1/2 inch in height. We provide a very short 3.5mm stereo cable for connecting the LOC to Icon Mobile.

May be you have the iPod Nano and the LOC would be too wide for it.

Actually I have an iphone. Maybe I'm totally wrong about this I'm just thinking that it will make my iphone longer which will be cumbersome when I'm running or working out with it at the gym. Maybe it would be better than the cable style LOD.

Other than for that application I think it is a streamlined and well designed accessory!

Dec 7, 2008 at 11:02 PM Post #33 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can see how the Nuforce LOC might seem unnecessarily wide/bulky when compared to the likes of this:
IMO, the Nuforce LOC's side-exiting cable jack is a nice space-saving touch, though (provided one's cable has a right-angle plug).

Where did that miniture LOD you just pictured come from?

Dec 7, 2008 at 11:19 PM Post #34 of 130
iBasso shows this adaptor on their website.

Dec 7, 2008 at 11:19 PM Post #35 of 130
Quote:

confused.gif

Hi Jason,

Good to see you here! When will you be taking pre-orders for the new adaptor? Also, do you have the exact dimensions? I have a case for my iPod and IM and am wondering with the addition of the new adaptor, will I still be able to zip it closed. Finally, is there anything special about the mini to mini cable you provide? Finding quality right angle mini to minis has not been easy.

Dec 7, 2008 at 11:57 PM Post #36 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by helmerkelps /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where did that miniture LOD you just pictured come from?

As jwbrent said, iBasso carries them. The one I pictured above is from this ebay auction. Be aware that it's not listed as being compatible with the iPhone (and I'm not sure about the iBasso one). SendStation's PocketDock Line Out USB is, though:

Dec 8, 2008 at 1:39 AM Post #37 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As jwbrent said, SendStation's PocketDock Line Out USB is, though:

Just looked at this pocket doc solution for 29.99 includes mini/RCA cable as well as mini/mini cable. Obviouslly it's not the serious hi-fi cable system that you can get for 5 or more times the price. I wonder if paired with the Mobile Icon it would be worth going serious or low cost. Will there really be a significant difference in what I hear?

Dec 9, 2008 at 6:00 AM Post #42 of 130
When you have an LOD with 3.5mm and USB, make sure it is well designed with good grounding. Otherwise you might get grounding noise when you try to charge iPod while playing music.

Just want to add a note that not all C-media implementation is equal (some people might think c-media is low end
smily_headphones1.gif
). There are a lot of things to consider such as grounding and analog circuits around it. The volume parts used in Icon Mobile is sourced from a part of a high-end volume control (not something you can buy from a parts supplier).

Dec 9, 2008 at 6:30 AM Post #43 of 130
Quote:

Just want to add a note that not all C-media implementation is equal (some people might think c-media is low end
smily_headphones1.gif
). There are a lot of things to consider such as grounding and analog circuits around it. The volume parts used in Icon Mobile is sourced from a part of a high-end volume control (not something you can buy from a parts supplier).

This does not sound low end to me, so no worries there. Cambridge Audio is also using this USB implementation in their DACMagic balanced DAC.

Dec 11, 2008 at 7:46 AM Post #44 of 130
So Larry, where are you hour wise on your IM?

Dec 11, 2008 at 8:21 AM Post #45 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by jwbrent /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So Larry, where are you hour wise on your IM?

About 215 hours of the 300 I want to reach before I start my review. I did the first 190-200 hours via USB and now am doing 100 hours via analog input.

And KSC75 do improve as amp and source improves, so this would not be over kill, but the Nuforce NE-7M IEM do kill the KSC75.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back