NRB Mod... Nut Rattlin Bass from an Ety?!? Yes, Yes, YES!!! [How To] NRB Mod...
Sep 14, 2012 at 9:55 AM Post #35 of 84
How much rattling bass? Is it monster turbine level (I know thats a big expectation
wink_face.gif
)

Sep 14, 2012 at 10:01 AM Post #36 of 84
Quote:
How much rattling bass? Is it monster turbine level (I know thats a big expectation
wink_face.gif
)

Not quite that much...

I would say that it wakes it up enough to make up for all of it's previous (NO BASS) bad reports.

And the best part is that it still keeps its detail.

An added plus is its 8mm dynamic driver.

Bottom Line... Would I do it again? YES!!!

Is it reversible? YES

Just my feelings, Jim

Sep 14, 2012 at 10:28 AM Post #38 of 84
Quote:
I don't understand how this increases bass response.
The acoustic dampers are meant for following

1) Acoustic dampers with medium resistance(680, 1000 and 1500 ohms) to smooth
response.
2)Acoustic dampers with high resistance(3300 and 4700 ohms) to create acoustic
low pass on woofer

I just know it works... Try it.

Jim

Sep 14, 2012 at 10:28 AM Post #39 of 84
Technically it doesn't increase the bass, it technically decreases the highs. The highs will be tamed meaning you can raise the volume and basically it'll have more bass because there will be less highs. 
Quote:
I don't understand how this increases bass response.
The acoustic dampers are meant for following

1) Acoustic dampers with medium resistance(680, 1000 and 1500 ohms) to smooth
response.
2)Acoustic dampers with high resistance(3300 and 4700 ohms) to create acoustic
low pass on woofer

Sep 14, 2012 at 10:57 AM Post #40 of 84
wink_face.gif
)

This mod increases the perceived bass body (doesn't improve texture punch or impact), just presence (at the expense of speed). It does this by damping the highs.

Sep 14, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #41 of 84
Quote:
This mod increases the perceived bass body (doesn't improve texture punch or impact), just presence (at the expense of speed). It does this by damping the highs.

Spoken like a man who has tried it...

Tried it have you? No, didn't think so...

Try it you'll like it.

Jim

Sep 14, 2012 at 11:29 AM Post #42 of 84
Quote:
Spoken like a man who has tried it...

Tried it have you? No, didn't think so...

Try it you'll like it.

Jim

As I've stated, my information is based off of objective data and the recreation of the filters through an EQ.  They verified each other.  If I were a betting man, I would say that the EQ is going to be pretty darn close to what the filters would sound like.  

Sep 14, 2012 at 11:41 AM Post #43 of 84
As I've stated, my information is based off of objective data and the recreation of the filters through an EQ.  They verified each other.  If I were a betting man, I would say that the EQ is going to be pretty darn close to what the filters would sound like.  

So try it and see... What do you have to lose?

Jim

Sep 14, 2012 at 11:44 AM Post #44 of 84
Quote:
So try it and see... What do you have to lose?
Jim

About 10 bucks...  I need to save as much money as I can now to pay off 20k of student loans later.  I'm not going to blow 7 bucks on shipping when the items itself cost 3 (and will most likely be sent in an envelope).  That said, the EQ verifies the objective data; the objective data verifies my EQs.  

Sep 14, 2012 at 11:48 AM Post #45 of 84
About 10 bucks...  I need to save as much money as I can now to pay off 20k of student loans later.  I'm not going to blow 7 bucks on shipping when the items itself cost 3 (and will most likely be sent in an envelope).  That said, the EQ verifies the objective data; the objective data verifies my EQs.  

I'll sponsor your Unbiased Review...

PM Me your addy and what colors you would like to test. When I place my order for my ER-4s, I'll add what you want. Then send them to you, all at no expense.

Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back