Now may be a good time to become a contributor...
Nov 27, 2007 at 4:38 PM Post #17 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by skudmunky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
all the cool kids are contributers.

We sure are!
tongue.gif

Even if I am a quite old kid..

Nov 27, 2007 at 9:26 PM Post #21 of 39
This site helps me spend lot of $$$ so only thing I can do to thank for it is to give annual contribution. Strange...but makes perfect sense
wink.gif

Nov 27, 2007 at 9:35 PM Post #22 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i agree!

but i am very disapointed about the possibility of the photo section not continuing.

i was making good use of that feature and was certainly a factor when i decided to contribute.

Same here -- the photo hosting was definitely a factor in my decision. However, it wasn't the deciding factor, so I will continue my support.

Nov 27, 2007 at 11:47 PM Post #27 of 39
Becoming a contributor also "puts your exchange in".

Meaning: When you enjoy something you are willing to pay to have it, or else if you are not willing to pay you either waste it or steal it.

It's like those who "specialize" in downloading music for which the creating artists receives nothing. I think this is not ok!. "They" may have all the justifications why it's ok, but if they never buy any new music or cd or dvd, somewhere they act like criminals. Those artists that give them their pleasure are not rewarded! The exchange is not in!

Here at Head-Fi you have the choice and it is not mandatory to contribute. This is fine it's in the rule of the place. But I think that if someone enjoys Head-Fi, personal ethics dictates to become a contributing member at some time.

regards,

Nov 28, 2007 at 12:00 AM Post #28 of 39
I think, now that there's a certain sense of need after the outage, people are more inclined to donate. I was considering becoming a contributing member anyway but the recent downtime has made me appreciate how many of my waking (and working!) hours I spend here.

Nov 28, 2007 at 12:41 AM Post #29 of 39
Wish I can be a contributor, since I do spend lots of time here, where its showing envy for nice pairs of headphones, or receiving advice on the member's lounge. However, there is a limit that a 15 year old with no credit card and strict parents can go. If I am still on this forum by the time I have a credit card, I will definitely contribute.

Thanks, Jude for all the happiness you bring us, and hopefully you didn't miss turkey day due to fixing the website!

Jayon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back