Northern New Jersey Meet 2009 IC
May 23, 2009 at 8:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 110

MD1032

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey guys,

It's time! ...to start thinking about when we want to have the meet this year. Last year, things worked out really well and I'm planning on getting some info from wavoman (Larry) to contact some venues so it can happen again. This thread is just a date check. Last year, we had it the last weekend in July, on a Saturday, and I think that worked out well for most everyone, but I'll put up a poll again anyway.

I've got some great new gear to share this year, and I'm sure everyone else does as well. Don't worry about posting that stuff for now, but definitely discuss where and when we should have this. I need you to post here if you're interested, as we'll get an appropriately sized room according to how many people are going down the road.

Looking forward to another great meet!

John

edit: Also, I should note that I want to assess the date part of this as soon as possible. Then we can work on how many people are coming and who all is coming.

May 24, 2009 at 1:30 AM Post #3 of 110
I'm in of course, and as discussed I'll secure the venue when the date is picked, but this year I have to leave the rest of the planning in John's and Matt's capable hands.

We'll try the same hotels as last year, doing what we do best in Jersey -- strong-arming people to drop the price (making them offers they can't refuse). Marriott Courtyards in East Hanover and West Orange, Wilshire Grand in West Orange, Ramada in East Hanover ... these are the usual suspects. I've got the bloody horse head ready for the manager's bed once we lock-and-load on the date.

-- Larry

May 24, 2009 at 4:10 AM Post #8 of 110
Voted for August 1, 2 so it doesn't kill my attempts at a diy mini meet in July.
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 25, 2009 at 2:34 AM Post #12 of 110
the running joke is that these threads always get locked as soon as the official thread opens, which is in turn locked as soon as the "meet impressions" thread opens
smily_headphones1.gif

May 25, 2009 at 4:48 AM Post #14 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by Benaiir /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm in if I can get the OK from my parents. This is gonna be awkward being in a room full of 30+ year olds, plus my parents will mistake the word "audiophile" for "pedophile". I can bring my crappy headphone and a vintage AKG! Wahoo..

I'm thinking of doing the same thing
biggrin.gif

It will be a rather odd question to ask at the dinner table. Well, if I do come, depending on the date and the approval of my parents, I'll be sporting a rather small setup. Just my AKG's, and an amp.

May 25, 2009 at 4:52 AM Post #15 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by Benaiir /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm in if I can get the OK from my parents. This is gonna be awkward being in a room full of 30+ year olds, plus my parents will mistake the word "audiophile" for "pedophile". I can bring my crappy headphone and a vintage AKG! Wahoo..

That is mostly right. Just don't go home with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back