Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
Dec 24, 2011 at 5:36 PM Post #3,766 of 6,432
The 598 easily bests surround sound sets. Most surround sound sets have poor soundstage as they're closed. The soundstage on the 598 is just phenominal.

Dec 24, 2011 at 5:39 PM Post #3,767 of 6,432

Quote:
The 598 easily bests surround sound sets. Most surround sound sets have poor soundstage as they're closed. The soundstage on the 598 is just phenominal.

Your talking about the Sennhesier 598 right? If so, totally agree with you about the soundstage when I auditioned them.

Dec 26, 2011 at 9:27 AM Post #3,768 of 6,432

Also some other well received headsets like the SteelSeries Siberia v2 and... umm others. :p

Quote:

I'm gonna need to test out some surround sound heapdhones one day. both teh turtle beaches used by COD players and Logitechs used by pc gamers.

haha yeah, i got the SRH 440's too :) they sound even better after full burn in :)

w00t! Only took six days to read through everything in this thread! :p

Dec 26, 2011 at 9:32 AM Post #3,769 of 6,432
Just got my Realiser and tried it out with two channels only on my SR009. Ridiculous. Simply ridiculous. I am not even sure whether I need my speakers any more.

Dec 26, 2011 at 11:26 AM Post #3,771 of 6,432

Quote:
Just got my Realiser and tried it out with two channels only on my SR009. Ridiculous. Simply ridiculous. I am not even sure whether I need my speakers any more.

Well, if you won't be needing your speakers anymore you can send them to me.  We wouldn't want them to go to waste now would we?
wink.gif

Dec 26, 2011 at 3:00 PM Post #3,774 of 6,432

Quote:
Ummm... because you said something about trying out the gaming headsets. I thought I'd chime in about that particular one.

o sorry. i didn't see the top of your post, but yes. i need to try them out to see if they actually do what they are told. Get an Logitech and Turtle Beach. pop open BF3, set on Hi-Fi, buy an E17 and use optical..........dream come true :)

Dec 27, 2011 at 12:00 PM Post #3,775 of 6,432
My big sister visited my apartment, and I made her listen to my ORB JADE-1 LTD and Audio-Technica ATH-W3000ANV.

"Oh my, I never thought that TikTak (a Finnish all-girl pop-rock band) could sound this good."  She asked the price... "This is sure worth all that, if you have the money, buy these things. Thank you, this sure was an experience." (Totally unrelated, she also told that the woman in my wallpaper, Nao Nagasawa, is stunningly beautiful, perfect. That was not expected, as my little sister hates all women that are prettier than herself...)

Well, always nice to hear that someone else thinks that my purchases are good. = )

Dec 27, 2011 at 1:12 PM Post #3,776 of 6,432

Quote:
My big sister visited my apartment, and I made her listen to my ORB JADE-1 LTD and Audio-Technica ATH-W3000ANV.

"Oh my, I never thought that TikTak (a Finnish all-girl pop-rock band) could sound this good."  She asked the price... "This is sure worth all that, if you have the money, buy these things. Thank you, this sure was an experience." (Totally unrelated, she also told that the woman in my wallpaper, Nao Nagasawa, is stunningly beautiful, perfect. That was not expected, as my little sister hates all women that are prettier than herself...)

Well, always nice to hear that someone else thinks that my purchases are good. = )

Converting ppl. good for you :)

I've had many beats fans constantly tell me that my Shure's just weren't as clear and didn't make the music sound like what its supposed to.

Dec 27, 2011 at 1:17 PM Post #3,777 of 6,432
When you hear phrases like "music sound like it's supposed to", you know that comes directly from the Beats' marketing.

What's worse is, this conditioning is a genius marketing ploy. By marketing the Beats as the "music sounding like it's supposed to", Beats wearers will get accustomed to think that absurd bass is the only good sound signature, therefore making every other proper headphone (relatively neutral) sound bass-weak and therefore "not the way the music is supposed to sound." This may be true for Dr Dre's music (I wouldn't know), but it's ironic how reversed this is.

Dec 27, 2011 at 5:55 PM Post #3,779 of 6,432

Quote:
More accurately, it ought to be something like "Music sounds the way it should - the way we want you to think it sounds like" then.

It's all marketing speak anyways. Example: driver acoustic matching to +/-2 dB on the Westone 4R? That's actually a standard amongst all headphones (at least good ones). It's just there so they can charge extra over the Westone 4. Frankly, headphones and music should sound the way the user wants.

Dec 29, 2011 at 12:27 AM Post #3,780 of 6,432
agreed. people go crazy when i they hear the price of the Visconti HS i have... and its just the rollerball too  
blink.gif

Quote:
Mostly people like them but can't agree with spending that much on headphones.  Although if you think that's bad, I get a way bigger reaction from people who can't believe what I spend on pens.  They can't fathom my $200 fountain pen, lucky I can't afford a Mont Blanc or they'd really **** the bed.  If I was spending a grand on something like that though, I think I'd fork over the extra for hd800s rather than a Mont Blanc.  Either way, people can't understand =P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back