Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
Feb 11, 2014 at 3:15 PM Post #1,458 of 4,655
Honestly, when I first saw HD800 and HD700 they both look very much like cheap ($200) gaming headphones. Really, I was thinking if I would ever want to spend over 1k on such a plastic. On the other hand Audeze looks really exquisite, definitely like something worth appropriate money. And look at the TH-900 - it is so beautiful that it would be worth they money even if didn't make any sound at all.

Feb 11, 2014 at 4:38 PM Post #1,459 of 4,655
Honestly, when I first saw HD800 and HD700 they both look very much like cheap ($200) gaming headphones. Really, I was thinking if I would ever want to spend over 1k on such a plastic. On the other hand Audeze looks really exquisite, definitely like something worth appropriate money. And look at the TH-900 - it is so beautiful that it would be worth they money even if didn't make any sound at all.

The reasoning behind the material choice for the HD800 was due to resonance issues. Wood and Metal may resonate in a sonically pleasing way for many, but technically those echoes are not accurate to the recording.

Feb 12, 2014 at 12:48 AM Post #1,461 of 4,655
  They are around 500 grams which aren't that heavy. I find my HE-500s to be perfectly fine on my head. 

I get a headache from the clamp & weight after about 15-30 minutes 
frown.gif

Feb 12, 2014 at 2:42 AM Post #1,463 of 4,655
Depends how you are built, your weight, height etc I guess. 

More like your head shape. If the headband stick to your head nicely, all parts of your head will support it resulting in more comfortable. If your head is slightly sharp at the top end like mine, it may get uncomfortable because some of the parts are not supported IMO.

Feb 12, 2014 at 2:43 AM Post #1,464 of 4,655
More like your head shape. If the headband stick to your head nicely, all parts of your head will support it resulting in more comfortable. If your head is slightly sharp at the top end like mine, it may get uncomfortable because some of the parts are not supported IMO.

Yeah, it might be that. I have no problems with comfort on any headbands I've tried so...

Feb 12, 2014 at 9:06 AM Post #1,465 of 4,655

So for block heads like me they are good, but for cone heads they are bad. Right, got it. :)

Feb 12, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #1,466 of 4,655
So for block heads like me they are good, but for cone heads they are bad. Right, got it.
smily_headphones1.gif

For the kids who are too young to know the movie...
Coneheads_Poster.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106598/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back