Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
May 7, 2015 at 4:05 AM Post #10,411 of 36,134
I've also had the Bax since October last year. As posted above, it does veil the sound sliiiightly compared to the noble cable, and it's certainly not tangleproof as Estrom would have you believe, but it absolutely can not be beaten for comfort.
The Bax pins aren't as secure as the noble cable either. I had my K10's attached via the Bax 2-pin cable tucked into my scarf while I was walking around Osaka chatting with a friend. At some point, one of the K10's must have snagged or caught on something because when I pulled them out of my scarf to pack them back into their box, one side was missing. It had come away from the cable and presumably hit the ground without me noticing. RIP :frowning2:
It's still a great cable for use at the gym or anywhere you want some flexibility and comfort from your cable. But for pure sound and security, the Noble cable is the way to go.

May 7, 2015 at 8:32 AM Post #10,412 of 36,134
  I've also had the Bax since October last year. As posted above, it does veil the sound sliiiightly compared to the noble cable, and it's certainly not tangleproof as Estrom would have you believe, but it absolutely can not be beaten for comfort.
The Bax pins aren't as secure as the noble cable either. I had my K10's attached via the Bax 2-pin cable tucked into my scarf while I was walking around Osaka chatting with a friend. At some point, one of the K10's must have snagged or caught on something because when I pulled them out of my scarf to pack them back into their box, one side was missing. It had come away from the cable and presumably hit the ground without me noticing. RIP :frowning2:
It's still a great cable for use at the gym or anywhere you want some flexibility and comfort from your cable. But for pure sound and security, the Noble cable is the way to go.

That sucks!

May 7, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #10,415 of 36,134
I had the chance to try the universals at the NY meet last weekend. Overall I was impressed, but preferred the lower models to the k10, which just had too much bass for my tastes. The real issue was since the Woo rep was showing the units for Noble and since the demo units looked exactly the same, as far as we could tell, I didn't know which model I was listening to, except for the k10...

May 7, 2015 at 10:03 AM Post #10,416 of 36,134
I had the chance to try the universals at the NY meet last weekend. Overall I was impressed, but preferred the lower models to the k10, which just had too much bass for my tastes. The real issue was since the Woo rep was showing the units for Noble and since the demo units looked exactly the same, as far as we could tell, I didn't know which model I was listening to, except for the k10...

The secret is in the screws

Silver, n3
Slate, n4
Pink gold n5
Gold n6

If you like a more bass conservative sound, the n4 was probably what you were fond of

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
May 7, 2015 at 10:20 AM Post #10,417 of 36,134
The secret is in the screws

Silver, n3
Slate, n4
Pink gold n5
Gold n6

If you like a more bass conservative sound, the n4 was probably what you were fond of

Aaahhhh wish I had noticed that. But wait a sec, did the demo 10 have the different finish as shown on your site? The one handed to me as the 10 (that's the only reason I thought it was the 10) had the same black finish as the others. I have a feeling it may have in fact been the 6, which would explain the bass. Kind of a bummer if everyone at the meet heard the wrong unit.

May 7, 2015 at 11:08 AM Post #10,419 of 36,134
Does the 10 have the same signature that the 6 does, or is it more neutral/balanced?  Does the 10 custom give more resolution/detail/openedss than a 6 universal?

I have some warmer players and am curious how the 10 will improve upon my 6's....

May 7, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #10,420 of 36,134
Does the 10 have the same signature that the 6 does, or is it more neutral/balanced?  Does the 10 custom give more resolution/detail/openedss than a 6 universal?

I have some warmer players and am curious how the 10 will improve upon my 6's....

Both the N6 and the K10 are favorites of mine. The 6 is less warm and a little less full sounding to my ears. The k10 is warmer, richer, yet still detailed, that's what makes it special. There's a discussion in the thread I started in the k10 about synergy with players and amps so feel free to contribute.

May 7, 2015 at 12:34 PM Post #10,421 of 36,134
How is the custom k10 compared to the universal?

Does differ that much? Some members here are selling their k10u

Tried the universal K10s on a few occasions. They sound pretty much similar to the custom K10 (with a great fit). You might have to do a bit of tip rolling, but once you find the perfect combination, they'll sound fantastic. With the CIEM K10, you're (almost) guaranteed a perfect fit, thus ensuring that you'll have the optimal K10 experience from the get go.

May 7, 2015 at 12:57 PM Post #10,422 of 36,134
@fullcircle, can listening to IEMs on low volumes for extended periods of time potentially damage hearing?

Can you reverse hearing loss a bit or is it permanent?

May 7, 2015 at 1:38 PM Post #10,423 of 36,134
@fullcircle, can listening to IEMs on low volumes for extended periods of time potentially damage hearing?

Can you reverse hearing loss a bit or is it permanent?

To answer for him, it depends on what you mean by "low volumes." 80 dB may potentially be harmful if you listen more than 7-8 hours total per day. 70 dB or lower, probably not.

Hearing loss, unfortunately, is permanent. I've never come across anything that suggests otherwise. Try not to damage your hearing.

May 7, 2015 at 2:09 PM Post #10,424 of 36,134

To answer for him, it depends on what you mean by "low volumes." 80 dB may potentially be harmful if you listen more than 7-8 hours total per day. 70 dB or lower, probably not.

Hearing loss, unfortunately, is permanent. I've never come across anything that suggests otherwise. Try not to damage your hearing.

Thank you for the response.

Are 'brief' breaks sufficient to stop hearing loss?

May 7, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #10,425 of 36,134

Good answer.

Follow the more modern NIOSH guidelines, based more more up-to-date research.

Keep in mind that some people's ears get damaged much more easily than this chart suggests.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back