Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
May 26, 2015 at 11:58 AM Post #11,161 of 36,071
Regardless of how you feel about the jokes, there's no need to be insulting and condescending about it. I'm always surprised at how some members speak to others on these forums. Would you speak like that to someone in person when not behind the safety of a keyboard? It's easy to forget we're all just people. Maybe the guy's dog (or sheep) got hit by a car today. A little kindness never hurts, and usually begets a better outcome anyways.

I for one think the jokes could be better, Wata
tongue.gif
But I love the lightness, fun, and general vibe you bring to this thread. So I thank you, brother. And I think once a week is a good idea, gives you more time to screen for the better material
tongue.gif

Here hear Dexter! 

Well said and right on point. 

Cheers 

May 26, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #11,163 of 36,071

You hurt my feelings, I tried to pick jokes people might like.
frown.gif

Whoops! Sorry Wata, I was referring to Dexter's first paragraph, not the second. 

I personally love your jokes, especially the most recent one about "ED" (that's Encryption Dysfunction, of course). 

Cheers all and keep them coming (so to speak)...

May 26, 2015 at 12:18 PM Post #11,164 of 36,071
Regardless of how you feel about the jokes, there's no need to be insulting and condescending about it. I'm always surprised at how some members speak to others on these forums. Would you speak like that to someone in person when not behind the safety of a keyboard? It's easy to forget we're all just people. Maybe the guy's dog (or sheep) got hit by a car today. A little kindness never hurts, and usually begets a better outcome anyways.

I for one think the jokes could be better, Wata
tongue.gif
But I love the lightness, fun, and general vibe you bring to this thread. So I thank you, brother. And I think once a week is a good idea, gives you more time to screen for the better material
tongue.gif

I think we should follow the tradition on Head-Fi where people post opinions about gear they've never heard - maybe the humor would be funnier if people simply 'told' jokes they've never heard......

May 26, 2015 at 12:23 PM Post #11,165 of 36,071

frown.gif

I thought he was being rude as well - I often wonder how posts would change (especially the quantity of them) if post-counts were not prominently displayed at the top of every person's posts

May 26, 2015 at 12:35 PM Post #11,167 of 36,071

frown.gif

Well, the majority of us like them, so... Don't sweat it, pal. A joke of the week might be a fair compromise for everyone.

This thread is unique. We ought to keep it that way!

May 26, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #11,168 of 36,071
Wata, don't sweat it man. Humor is a totally subjective thing. You can't please everyone, as you said. I was wondering actually if jokes like that are a generational sort of thing. Like, nobody in my generation (I'm 30ish) tells jokes, and I never hear other young(er) people telling jokes. Everyone just tries to parody things, or be sarcastic or clever. Whereas my dad loves telling jokes. And puns.

May 26, 2015 at 2:11 PM Post #11,170 of 36,071

I thought he was being rude as well - I often wonder how posts would change (especially the quantity of them) if post-counts were not prominently displayed at the top of every person's posts

He didn't really hurt my feelings, I was just messing around, or is that also not allowed by the king here?

May 26, 2015 at 2:21 PM Post #11,171 of 36,071
The Shures are mid-centric, with a lush and thick midrange that can be a little overpowering at times. Bass is sufficiently strong, with good punch and texture. Treble however, suffers greatly, with some noticeable roll-off, despite having smooth and clear highs.

I'm curious to get your take on how the 535s compare with the K10, specifically the bass, warmth, and body/fullness of sound.

May 26, 2015 at 2:21 PM Post #11,172 of 36,071
Well there's a simple solution, isn't there? Purchase one K10 for laying down and one for standing up
wink.gif

I feel your pain RambleOnRed. I love listening to headphones while I fall asleep, and I do notice a slight loss in bass with my K10 customs when laying down. I have to resist the urge to raise the volume to compensate. I didn't have this problem with universals. I wonder if longer or thicker canals could help with keeping the seal (generally speaking)

I think with universals, the ear tips, being flexible, flex with the slight change in you ear canal when you sit up or lay down. Hard acrylic has no flex so they're not as likely to maintain the seal.  I'm sure many with ciems prefer a fairly tight fit so the difference is not as noticeable. I'm probably the exception to the rule, but I don't like to have a super tight seal when my ciem is inserted, who knows, maybe because it gives me slightly less bass and a tiny sparkle in the treble.
rolleyes.gif

May 26, 2015 at 3:26 PM Post #11,174 of 36,071
  Is anyone following the top ciem review post on theheadphonelist?  Anyone wanna guess what the top will be? =P

Had never looked at the site before, but found some interesting stuff.

Will indeed be curious to see who wins in the "countdown" format comparison of TOTL CIEMs ("Fit for a Bat! – Flagship IEMs Shootout"). Have to say I align with their findings on the CTM's (the only review up so far in the series). 

One curious note is that the Audeze LCD-2 and the Beyer T1 are both included in their "Custom In-Ear Monitors Reviews List". Hmmm...

Cheers

May 26, 2015 at 3:35 PM Post #11,175 of 36,071
  Had never looked at the site before, but found some interesting stuff.

Will indeed be curious to see who wins in the "countdown" format comparison of TOTL CIEMs ("Fit for a Bat! – Flagship IEMs Shootout"). Have to say I align with their findings on the CTM's (the only review up so far in the series). 

One curious note is that the Audeze LCD-2 and the Beyer T1 are both included in their "Custom In-Ear Monitors Reviews List". Hmmm...

Cheers

Yea, the site has some organization problems.  One of the two reviewers on the site is a frequent contributor to this site as well, here is his top list for CIEMS:
http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone-list/

Noble K10 is missing because he hasn't reviewed it yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back