Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
May 23, 2015 at 8:48 AM Post #11,116 of 36,078
Yep, everyone has a favorite sound signature that they enjoy so I'm always pleased when I hear that someone has found the right IEM/HP that fits their signature.  I've gone through many HPs and IEMs over the past 15 years and it wasn't until recently that I determined that I prefer a very detailed, revealing and neutral sound sound signature. I only wish I had learned that earlier before spending all of that money but at least I finally found it.  I guess I will be putting up for sale everything else. 
What was your preferred IEM?

May 23, 2015 at 9:29 AM Post #11,117 of 36,078
Yep, everyone has a favorite sound signature that they enjoy so I'm always pleased when I hear that someone has found the right IEM/HP that fits their signature.  I've gone through many HPs and IEMs over the past 15 years and it wasn't until recently that I determined that I prefer a very detailed, revealing and neutral sound sound signature. I only wish I had learned that earlier before spending all of that money but at least I finally found it.  I guess I will be putting up for sale everything else. 

Statistically that is the sound which people are meant to prefer according to Sean Olive at Harman labs.

May 23, 2015 at 10:14 AM Post #11,118 of 36,078
Statistically that is the sound which people are meant to prefer according to Sean Olive at Harman labs.

I have heard this but I always thought I was a bit more of a bass head until I purchased my first set of Ety 4s a decade or so ago.  It is amazing how technology has improved HP and especially IEMs over just the past few years.  I still have my original "audiophile" studio headphones from '80s (Koss Pro4aaa) and while they are nice they simply don't compete with even the low end HP of today. But we are off topic so I will end with the fact that I do like my balanced N6s 
L3000.gif

May 23, 2015 at 10:39 AM Post #11,119 of 36,078
  I have heard this but I always thought I was a bit more of a bass head until I purchased my first set of Ety 4s a decade or so ago.  It is amazing how technology has improved HP and especially IEMs over just the past few years.  I still have my original "audiophile" studio headphones from '80s (Koss Pro4aaa) and while they are nice they simply don't compete with even the low end HP of today. But we are off topic so I will end with the fact that I do like my balanced N6s 
L3000.gif

You must also love your Etymotics!

May 23, 2015 at 10:52 AM Post #11,120 of 36,078
Joke of the day.

Patient: Doc, I keep having these dreams. First I’m a teepee; then I’m a wigwam; then I’m a teepee; then I’m a wigwam. It’s driving me crazy. What’s wrong with me?
Doctor: You need to relax. You’re two tents.

May 23, 2015 at 11:44 AM Post #11,122 of 36,078
  Joke of the day.

Patient: Doc, I keep having these dreams. First I’m a teepee; then I’m a wigwam; then I’m a teepee; then I’m a wigwam. It’s driving me crazy. What’s wrong with me?
Doctor: You need to relax. You’re two tents.

Love that joke. It's an old family favorite. 

May 23, 2015 at 7:37 PM Post #11,123 of 36,078
K10U question - I think the double flange medium tips work best for me. Do I order more of these directly from Noble or are these some standard OEM like Comply.

Thanks!

May 23, 2015 at 7:49 PM Post #11,125 of 36,078
  K10U question - I think the double flange medium tips work best for me. Do I order more of these directly from Noble or are these some standard OEM like Comply.

Thanks!

I believe Noble just sells the set at http://nobleaudio.com/en/shop/accessories/ but I could be wrong.

Edit: Beaten by the Wizard himself.

May 23, 2015 at 7:56 PM Post #11,126 of 36,078
Thanks! Will do. I know this has been said by many but I still can't believe Noble squeezed 10 drivers in these universals! So far I'm pretty amazed that the sub bass of the K10 holds it's own against the SE846. Back to my jazz tracks.

May 23, 2015 at 8:09 PM Post #11,127 of 36,078
  Thanks! Will do. I know this has been said by many but I still can't believe Noble squeezed 10 drivers in these universals! So far I'm pretty amazed that the sub bass of the K10 holds it's own against the SE846. Back to my jazz tracks.

I would hope so, in the world of Balanced Armature Drivers, the bass drivers of the K10 are the largest offered by Knowles, and there are two of them per side.That being said, I did "tame" them as I didn't want a "mushy" sound quality.....

and with that sit back and relax with a little strum action

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
May 23, 2015 at 11:47 PM Post #11,129 of 36,078
A question:   Has SungHa Jung surpassed Andy McKee?

Sungha is great in technique but I prefer the dynamics in Andy's plucking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back