Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
May 22, 2015 at 5:44 PM Post #11,086 of 36,115
Rather than burn in, I would suggest trying different ear tips. I spent over a month on SE846 and have about 30 pairs of various tips that I will never use after I settled on Westone Startips. It's remarkable to me how the material and the fit of the different ear tips can have such a dramatic effect on sound. My expectation going to the K10U from SE846 will be slightly more treble extension and soundstage, but a slight loss of sub bass. I also don't have any expectations of whether I keep both or just reduce down to on IEM. I am starting to like IEMs more than headphones though so I may be giving up on full size cans.

May 22, 2015 at 5:44 PM Post #11,087 of 36,115
  Burned in?  Really :p 

I really didn't know what to expect when I got my K10's.  All the audiophile terms mean dick all to me.  All I knew was that everyone was raving about them like they were the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I still don't know a damn thing about audiophile terms, but I love the sound and prefer them to the other iems/ciems I've tried.  That makes it worth it to me.  

I do think however that it takes people time to adjust to a new sound signature.

If your reference point is an upper frequency boosted IEM, trying a mid to lower focus IEM may at first be underwhelming. I think people confuse that with this mythical concept of burn in.

May 22, 2015 at 5:52 PM Post #11,088 of 36,115
Any time someone says burn in, I assume they mean a change in the way the headphone sounds, rather than a change in how they perceive it. Misunderstanding on my part.

Also, Watagump likes to eat his boogers. That is all.

May 22, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #11,089 of 36,115
Any time someone says burn in, I assume they mean a change in the way the headphone sounds, rather than a change in how they perceive it. Misunderstanding on my part.

Don't start spreading false rumors, I roll and flick, I don't eat boogers.

May 22, 2015 at 7:04 PM Post #11,091 of 36,115
http://www.head-fi.org/products/noble-audio-savant/reviews/13201

I've left an initial review for the Savant, if anybody is interested.

I am absolutely loving Jazz on the Savant. Perfect amount of emphasis for the drums and bass!

May 22, 2015 at 7:06 PM Post #11,092 of 36,115

Those are the two schools of thought and points of argument.  Is it that the phone changes sound or is it all in your head?  Don't know about Watagump, but you are correct on the other part!

May 22, 2015 at 7:14 PM Post #11,094 of 36,115
  http://www.head-fi.org/products/noble-audio-savant/reviews/13201

I've left an initial review for the Savant, if anybody is interested.

I am absolutely loving Jazz on the Savant. Perfect amount of emphasis for the drums and bass!

Thanks for the review.  I always appreciate you guys that take the time to dive into it!
beerchug.gif

May 22, 2015 at 7:16 PM Post #11,095 of 36,115

Those are the two schools of thought and points of argument.  Is it that the phone changes sound or is it all in your head?  Don't know about Watagump, but you are correct on the other part!

Hasn't it been repeatedly proven that phone changes do not deviate anywhere near audible levels?

May 22, 2015 at 7:22 PM Post #11,096 of 36,115
  Hasn't it been repeatedly proven that phone changes do not deviate anywhere near audible levels?

I would believe it with BA drivers, maybe dynamic drivers do change.  Proven or not, the debate never seems to wane.

May 22, 2015 at 7:22 PM Post #11,097 of 36,115
Hey guys, listening to my new k10s. Just wanted to say they are good but not as good as I was expecting. Definitely not worth their asking price.

In my experience, I've found that some of my favourite headphones are ones that I initially found underwhelming.

You need to give it at least a few days of listening before you can think about forming an initial opinion.

May 22, 2015 at 7:51 PM Post #11,098 of 36,115
Hi all,

Need recommendations.

Always interested in Noble, unfortunately so far I only heard one model, I think it was the 3 or 4.

Currently I like the sound signature of Grado GR10 and Ortofon eq-8 with DX90. Given that, which Noble model/type(s) do you recommend for me?

I also have Fiio X5, and Roxanne U, Kaede, Dita Truth and FX850. I had SE846, Parterre and Melomane, to name a few.

Thanks in advance

May 22, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #11,099 of 36,115
Regarding burn-in, I totally agree that there are two types, and they are both "real" to the listener IMO.  

For dynamic drivers, especially speakers, there are definitely changes that occur as the moving parts settle in. My 2-channel speakers sounded like crud to start, but after running for a few dozen hours they definitely changed their sound and sounded awesome. No doubt that there was a definite change in sound. I've also found for equipment with big capacitors there can be some changes as well. 

For other items there is a psychological settling-in, getting used to the sound and understanding what is really going on with the equipment and your perception of it. I would put BA's under that category. 

Both types are as real as the person who is listening to them believes them to be - don't let anyone else tell you differently! 

Enjoy the music and have a great Memorial Day weekend everyone! 

May 23, 2015 at 12:56 AM Post #11,100 of 36,115
From http://www.head-fi.org/t/684787/noble-audio-the-wizard-returns/10455#post_11583800
Quote:

Japan will have Savant Universals in stock within hours and may have them in stock now, and is apparently offering the Prestige Savant now.  Thailand will also have them in stock very soon.  Noble (direct) currently does not have any in stock as Japan purchased our entire inventory. We will have a pre-order opportunity for direct customers as well, and the details regarding that will be on the website soon.

Passing by to say that E-Earphone store in Akihabara Tokyo was out of Uni Savants. I had a slim ray of hope ^^ but hey I'm still glad I got to see that store though (god bless technology and video chat).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back