Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Nov 11, 2014 at 7:20 PM Post #6,406 of 36,116
What camera and lens do you guys use
biggrin.gif

Everyone knows its all about the type of film.

Nov 11, 2014 at 7:50 PM Post #6,409 of 36,116
That's a life philosophy I follow for everything but audio gear. Being squashed in the subway or the bus, getting drunk, spilling drinks on myself, walking in rain or blizzard, working out in the gym is all stuff I don't do with expensive gear on. That't what daily beaters are for. It\s not like one can do any critical  listening or truly appreciate the superior sound in such conditions anyway.

That's fair. I wouldn't use gear not designed for sports during sporting activities too. That is an appropriateness issue. All I'm saying is don't lose out on experience, and the joy derived, because of fear. I know I know, it's hard when these damned K10s look so jaw droppingly good!

Nov 11, 2014 at 9:39 PM Post #6,411 of 36,116
I just received a brilliant new wav / flac player, but it's prone to hiss with my lowest impedance phones. Just wondering, have K10 owners found them to be revealing of hiss in devices (e.g. SE846 shows hiss on lots of gear) or does the higher impedance of the K10s make them better behaved? I'm really hoping the Shozy Alien player will go nicely with my K10s when they're here.

Nov 11, 2014 at 9:39 PM Post #6,412 of 36,116
I want blue carbon glass prestige... No, I need them. I don't even want to listen to them, I just want to stare at their beauty!!

Yup. I don't want to sound like a fanboy here, but they are really pretty works of art. Almost too good to use, even. Makes CIEMs a truly personal object of pride.

Nov 12, 2014 at 3:31 AM Post #6,414 of 36,116
  I just received a brilliant new wav / flac player, but it's prone to hiss with my lowest impedance phones. Just wondering, have K10 owners found them to be revealing of hiss in devices (e.g. SE846 shows hiss on lots of gear) or does the higher impedance of the K10s make them better behaved? I'm really hoping the Shozy Alien player will go nicely with my K10s when they're here.

They K10 will play nice with almost anything BUT they will let you know if the output impedance is too high. As much as I loved the ergonomics of the Linum Bax cable, the 1,5ohm resistance changed the sound more than I liked, compared to the Noble cable. I couldn't find anything about the output impedance of the Alien, but since they list it as compatible with headphones from 8ohm, you should be good. @shigzeo has some words about it here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/733349/a-little-about-the-shozy-alien

Nov 12, 2014 at 10:06 AM Post #6,420 of 36,116
Just wondering what after market cables are u guys using with your K10? Copper, silver or hybrid?

My best result has been the DHC symbiote fusion, which is a silver/copper hybrid.  Seems to maximize the full frequency range.  Silver also sounds great, just decided to try the hybrid since I assumed they were tuned and distributed with an spc cable.  I went custom mostly to get a 5 ft. cable, plus I'm not crazy about memory wire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back