Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Mar 25, 2014 at 8:03 PM Post #2,897 of 36,061
  I wish there was a K10 universal fit model to compete against the universal fit roxxane.  

Yes i would too since i can't have a custom.

Mar 25, 2014 at 11:39 PM Post #2,900 of 36,061
  @ Nelsonmiu... I have the Heir 3a... well it's being adjusted as we speak, but I got it back a while ago actually prior to Noble starting etc... From what I gather the Noble 3 is better, but the 3a and the triple.fi sound very similar.  From what I remember the bass is a bit stronger on the 3a vs.the UE's, but I liked the UE's treble a bit better.  Probably doesn't help, but what I mean to say is that the Noble 3 is a revised 3a... and the 3a was pretty good against the triple.fi... so yeah...

The tf10 is also a bit faster and more accurate but the 3a are really quite smooth and nice. Just to add on to that. Not sure how noble 3 woll compare

Thanks for the info, i guess Noble 3 is pretty fit my needs.

Mar 25, 2014 at 11:40 PM Post #2,901 of 36,061
sounds like a great idea 
gs1000.gif

Mar 26, 2014 at 4:23 AM Post #2,903 of 36,061
  I believe that both Brannon and Dr. Moulton have stated there will be no universal K10, as it would be too large. Just the bass armatures alone in the custom K10 are quite large.

To the right, you can see the side of the 4 twin-driver units responsible for mids and highs. To the left you can see one of the bass drivers.

They are in-fscking-sane but always under complete and total control... Nearly a year in and I'm still madly in love.

Mar 26, 2014 at 6:25 AM Post #2,904 of 36,061

To the right, you can see the side of the 4 twin-driver units responsible for mids and highs. To the left you can see one of the bass drivers.

They are in-fscking-sane but always under complete and total control... Nearly a year in and I'm still madly in love.

If you are truly in love with your K10's you would get them a Hugo.. :D

Mar 26, 2014 at 10:29 AM Post #2,906 of 36,061
Ordered Sunday night, arrived today… & Public Enemy got it wrong - DO believe the hype.

These are tuned to perfection (for me) - great detail without dismantling musicality to deliver it, sufficiently weighty bass & airy treble when required, and surprisingly forgiving of sub-par recordings or low-ish quality rips. All in all, a remarkable triumph.

For those who shared my concerns that the housings seem large to the point of discomfort, worry not - in fact getting a good seal with them is easier than on any iem I've owned - and all the better for not needing ear-raping insertion depth to do so.

Only downside is, having convinced myself long ago that dropping £1000 on a pair of customs is akin to insanity, suddenly - assuming the tuning is of a 'the same, only more' variety, a pair of K10's at some point in the future now seems inevitable… Who needs two kidneys anyway?

Enough of this, I've got 2000 albums to go and rediscover...

Mar 26, 2014 at 11:32 AM Post #2,910 of 36,061
I know, ridiculously quick eh?… & no additional import duty or VAT! The cost advertised for the iems on Noble's site seems to include everything. Doesn't really get any better does it?

Now I have them in my mitts, I maybe should've gone for one of the more organic designs as that approach is probably more sympathetic to the form of the driver housings - I'd bet #1 and #4 look ravishingly jewel-like - but not something I'm about to lose any sleep over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back