Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Oct 27, 2016 at 8:12 AM Post #22,936 of 36,115
I understand about the value of the pound, meant I couldn't buy the Vibro Labs Maya's, however the price increase at Audio Sanctuary has happened this week, the pound hasn't crashed this week. Even so the price is still very high, bit of extra profit mark up by the looks of it.

That does seem to happen quite a bit. When the situation is positive things improve very slowly price wise and then as soon as things go bad they instantly screw you with prices. Best example of this is fuel prices in the UK.

And I can confirm that I didn't have to pay any additional import duty etc. when I made my purchase from Gisele.

You don't pay import duties on universals but for customs you do (they come from China), the extra cost is factored into the cost you pay Gisele though.

Oct 27, 2016 at 8:18 AM Post #22,937 of 36,115
You don't pay import duties on universals but for customs you do (they come from China), the extra cost is factored into the cost you pay Gisele though.

That's true. Although even for universal I don't understand why there is such a big difference between aid2hearing and audio sanctuary. Maybe it's the weak pounds and audio sanctuary is reacting to this more promptly.

Oct 27, 2016 at 8:32 AM Post #22,938 of 36,115
That's true. Although even for universal I don't understand why there is such a big difference between aid2hearing and audio sanctuary. Maybe it's the weak pounds and audio sanctuary is reacting to this more promptly.

If that's actually the case the aid2hearing prices might go up as well at some point.

Was planning on waiting a month or two before buying a django pair. hmm.

edit: even considering the weak pound, the price difference still seems quite a bit off.

Oct 27, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #22,940 of 36,115

popcorn.gif

Oh look its the devil himself  
very_evil_smiley.gif
neff.

I only pop in to spread mayhem, then duck out to watch the results...

Oct 27, 2016 at 9:35 AM Post #22,941 of 36,115
Problem with a UK retailer charging extra to make extra profit is that it is Noble who lose out. 
I'm like many others on here - spending more than I really need to on different earphones however I will not buy from a retailer who is out to rip people off as it seems Audio Sanctuary is, this means that Noble then lose my sales and possibly others.

Oct 27, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #22,942 of 36,115
  Problem with a UK retailer charging extra to make extra profit is that it is Noble who lose out. 
I'm like many others on here - spending more than I really need to on different earphones however I will not buy from a retailer who is out to rip people off as it seems Audio Sanctuary is, this means that Noble then lose my sales and possibly others.

Not sure I follow that. Audio Sanctuary are not the only place that you can buy Noble products, so if they decide to price themselves out of the market it is only they that lose.

Oct 27, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #22,943 of 36,115

Not sure I follow that. Audio Sanctuary are not the only place that you can buy Noble products, so if they decide to price themselves out of the market it is only they that lose.

Ease of ordering if it is in stock.

Oct 27, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #22,945 of 36,115
To be honest I live dealing with Gisele, that sort of personal interaction and one to one service I'd hard to best. And buying from her is cheaper!

Big +1 to that!

Oct 27, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #22,946 of 36,115

They seem to be the only UK based website that I've found that stock the Noble although I am now aware of aid2hearing and will try them.

Oct 27, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #22,948 of 36,115
  Audio Sanctuary the UK retailer seem to be making the prices up as they see fit.  Prices on all models have risen by over £100 on the Savanna/Savant and even more on the other models.

Would be cheaper to import and pay taxes.  

They do actually ship out of the UK, and probably one of the few that do. I'd guess the price adjustment is a result of lots more orders coming in to Audio Sanctuary from overseas since the currency fluctuation, rather than trying to price themselves out of the local market. Anecdotally, I know of someone who immediately got himself a Chord Dave from the UK in the early days of the Brexit aftermath.

But of course this is, as I say, a guess.

Oct 27, 2016 at 1:01 PM Post #22,949 of 36,115

Users who are viewing this thread

Back