Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jun 11, 2016 at 5:56 AM Post #20,566 of 36,066
I'm much better at giving impressionistic impressions than technical ones so here's how I see it:

The difference between the low ends of the two, at least to my ears, is in terms of decay and refinement. The bass of the k10 hits hard, but it hits only when called for and leaves as soon as it's done with its job. The bass of the k10 (and really every other aspect of the k10) is supremely refined and never looses its siht. The bass of the Dulce is much more persistent and raw. It pulls every last bit of bass out of every track and let's it linger, but, because of how prominent its mids are, the bass never muddies or intrudes on the mids. The Dulce gives most tracks a nice solid beautiful foundation of bass. But, give it a track with some real bass, and it growls something vicious, and yet never muddies or muddles.

Not to be hyperbolic, but the Dulce basically = the bass of the TH900 + the mids of the AT-W3000ANV = My dream earphone (I owned both headphones at the same time once upon a time and always wished I could find an earphone or headphone that could combine the best attributes of both). It really excels at tracks like the one below, which have a combination of sweet vocals and a strong, complex low end.

What about this track?..

Jun 11, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #20,568 of 36,066
Just had my impressions done by Gisele which was nice, she is very friendly and helpful. Whilst I was there I had a listen to her demo set of K10U (acrylic verson). I was surprised how comfortable they were considering how much bigger they are than my current W60, the seal wasn't fantastic but I only used the stock red silicone tips.

First impressions of the sound is it is a fair bit more bassy than the W60 but also the treble is more extended and crisp, there just seems to be more of everything. Will have to spend more time with them for more detailed impressions but read into this as you will, I just ordered a set of custom wizard design K10s! Can't wait! Asked for dark blue and left the rest to wizard, very excited to see what he comes up with.

Jun 11, 2016 at 8:43 AM Post #20,569 of 36,066
Just had my impressions done by Gisele which was nice, she is very friendly and helpful. Whilst I was there I had a listen to her demo set of K10U (acrylic verson). I was surprised how comfortable they were considering how much bigger they are than my current W60, the seal wasn't fantastic but I only used the stock red silicone tips.

First impressions of the sound is it is a fair bit more bassy than the W60 but also the treble is more extended and crisp, there just seems to be more of everything. Will have to spend more time with them for more detailed impressions but read into this as you will, I just ordered a set of custom wizard design K10s! Can't wait! Asked for dark blue and left the rest to wizard, very excited to see what he comes up with.

Nice, congrats! I'm sure he will come up with something beautiful.

Jun 11, 2016 at 8:45 AM Post #20,570 of 36,066

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Jun 11, 2016 at 8:59 AM Post #20,571 of 36,066
What about this track?..

We think along the same lines I see. :D Konichiwa was one of the first albums I played with the Dulces precisely for the reason you probably asked that question. The bass is massive on the album and the Dulces bring out every ounce of it (though, again, without ever pushing into the midrange). On some of the tracks on the album I can "feel" the bass inside my head in a way that I associate with something like the TH900 but have never heard from any IEM.

Jun 11, 2016 at 10:16 AM Post #20,572 of 36,066

I hear a lot of people at the shows say how comfortable they are. My monster review even says how comfortable my customs are. Viva Le Noble.

Jun 11, 2016 at 10:26 AM Post #20,573 of 36,066

I hear a lot of people at the shows say how comfortable they are. My monster review even says how comfortable my customs are. Viva Le Noble.

So....you're saying they are comfortable?  Just making sure...
biggrin.gif

Seriously, I can wear mine for hours. (up to 8 during some long distance travel) and they are still easy on the ears in their fit. The sound is always stellar.

Jun 11, 2016 at 10:34 AM Post #20,574 of 36,066
biggrin.gif

Seriously, I can wear mine for hours. (up to 8 during some long distance travel) and they are still easy on the ears in their fit. The sound is always stellar.

Thx for coming out to the last show to say hello, slacker. I see how it is now.

Jun 11, 2016 at 11:18 AM Post #20,575 of 36,066

biggrin.gif

Thx for coming out to the last show to say hello, slacker. I see how it is now.

Yeah..Just finished another five nights out on the road for work...1350 miles and MANY hours with the K10's making it bearable....

beerchug.gif

Jun 11, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #20,578 of 36,066
  Do you guys think Noble will go out of business soon? Brannan is in NY for the headfi meet, without me being there to sell, I think its only a matter of time, RIP Noble. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Brannan said you missed the private jet waiting at John Wayne. He was bummed but had to get going without you. He said the Waldorf suite is comfortable....

Jun 11, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #20,580 of 36,066

Brannan said you missed the private jet waiting at John Wayne. He was bummed but had to get going without you. He said the Waldorf suite is comfortable....

Nice try, we both know he used Uber to get there from Santa Barbara.

He was going to go Uber but the surge pricing made the jet a cheaper ride....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back