Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jun 9, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #20,552 of 36,066
Next goal: Make a review half as good as Wata's.

Good luck with that.
cool.gif

Jun 9, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #20,553 of 36,066
  Hahaha. I'd say your description was a even bit too modest.
beyersmile.png

They are downright gorgeous in person. Half the time I can't decide whether to listen to them or just stare at them. I wish I could walk around with a mirror in front of me so that both my ears and my eyes could enjoy them at the same time.

I love how the face shifts colors as the light shifts. What material are the faceplates made from? 

Brannan had them on the image loop for the shows, I see them more than I see mine.

Jun 9, 2016 at 6:21 PM Post #20,554 of 36,066
Wow I didn't see this coming at all. So its obvious you liked the Dulce better than the Andromeda. Was it the fit or preferred sound signature? Which 'departments' does Dulce does better?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Life 

I have the following on my radar as they are all pretty new release.

Campfire Andromeda
Noble Dulce
Noble Django

Listen to lots of acoustics, jazz and classical stuff and hoping one of these will be the answer. I believe in a couple of weeks we might see some initial impressions especially on the Dulce and Django and how they compare to similar priced IEMs.

Let's put it this way, after three days with my Dulce's, my Andromedas went up for sale in the classifieds.

Jun 10, 2016 at 11:47 AM Post #20,556 of 36,066
My K10 review is finally live! http://www.head-fi.org/products/noble-audio-kaiser-10/reviews/16141

I swear no matter how many times I proofread through these reviews, I always wake up the next day and find about 5,000 typos, so please kindly let me know if you see something out of place haha. I also always love to hear what people think and am all about constructive criticism to improve in the future! Thanks everyone!

Great review, really enjoyed the read. I think you might inspire a few purchases...

Jun 10, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #20,558 of 36,066
Thanks life for your feedback.....

After some exploring I also came across empire ears universal which has received good reviews....any member here has experienced or own Spartan IV or Hermes VI and how they compare to Noble.

Thanks

It was both the fit (I just prefer customs) and the sound sig. The Dulce has bass like no IEM I have ever heard. The bass is different from even the K10; it's thick and deep but clear and detailed with a slow decay that makes it sound like a dynamic driver.

Jun 10, 2016 at 8:58 PM Post #20,559 of 36,066

After some exploring I also came across empire ears universal which has received good reviews....any member here has experienced or own Spartan IV or Hermes VI and how they compare to Noble.

Thanks

This is the Noble thread, might have better luck in the EE thread.

Jun 10, 2016 at 9:42 PM Post #20,560 of 36,066
Thanks thought so will post there:D

Thanks

This is the Noble thread, might have better luck in the EE thread.

Jun 10, 2016 at 11:20 PM Post #20,562 of 36,066
It was both the fit (I just prefer customs) and the sound sig. The Dulce has bass like no IEM I have ever heard. The bass is different from even the K10; it's thick and deep but clear and detailed with a slow decay that makes it sound like a dynamic driver.

Would you mind sharing more, especially about the bass. Any chance you can compare it to other IEMs (bassy/basshead if possible)? Glad you are enjoying them bro. TIA.

Jun 11, 2016 at 1:16 AM Post #20,565 of 36,066
You're making me really want to hear that dulce bass! The low end of the k10's is already so wonderful, I'd love to hear the comparison.

Would you mind sharing more, especially about the bass. Any chance you can compare it to other IEMs (bassy/basshead if possible)? Glad you are enjoying them bro. TIA.

I'm much better at giving impressionistic impressions than technical ones so here's how I see it:

The difference between the low ends of the two, at least to my ears, is in terms of decay and refinement. The bass of the k10 hits hard, but it hits only when called for and leaves as soon as it's done with its job. The bass of the k10 (and really every other aspect of the k10) is supremely refined and never looses its siht. The bass of the Dulce is much more persistent and raw. It pulls every last bit of bass out of every track and let's it linger, but, because of how prominent its mids are, the bass never muddies or intrudes on the mids. The Dulce gives most tracks a nice solid beautiful foundation of bass. But, give it a track with some real bass, and it growls something vicious, and yet never muddies or muddles.

Not to be hyperbolic, but the Dulce basically = the bass of the TH900 + the mids of the AT-W3000ANV = My dream earphone (I owned both headphones at the same time once upon a time and always wished I could find an earphone or headphone that could combine the best attributes of both). It really excels at tracks like the one below, which have a combination of sweet vocals and a strong, complex low end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back