Nintendo switch.. still worth it?
Feb 25, 2023 at 12:41 PM Post #46 of 67
Long ago, I would have gotten a Nintendo console due to quality of their exclusives. Today, Playstation exclusives trump the corny Nintendo exclusives for children. Zelda and Mario are old news. We moved onto Soulsborne, Last of Us, etc.. ect..

Switch is limited in capability, they will likely announce a new console soon.

I don't find that Nintendo can rely on their IP anymore. They are done for.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2023 at 3:05 AM Post #47 of 67
Got one around October of last year, I go through short periods of not playing anything on it but it's been great so far. I like the portability. Wish I had gotten one sooner.

Apr 28, 2023 at 12:27 PM Post #48 of 67
I picked up a Switch a couple of years ago and I absolutely love it, logged many hours with this little console during downtime while working. It is limited when it comes to hardware capability, but the studios out there do some fantastic ports of more demanding games. As long as you keep that in mind and realize there will be a compromise here or there you get over its limitations quite quickly.

Playing Nier:Automata End of YorHa edition at the moment along with Bayonetta 3. Really enjoyed Dying Light, Doom Eternal (gyro aim is awesome), Dark Souls Remastered (NG+4 on that one), countless Metroidvanias and a ton of others.

Waiting now for Tears of the Kingdom to drop as I had a ton of fun with Breath of the Wild.

May 2, 2023 at 7:07 PM Post #49 of 67
It's kind of a family/friend-console. The kind that you'd play together with in a living room or something. Personally I don't use my Nintendo Switch OLED as much as I'd love to becaue of a lack of time.

Nevertheless, I would say the Switch is worth it if you want to be able to play on the go or take along your switch on a trip with friends and dock it on the tv of an AirBnB or something. If you're staying more at home, I would definitely go for the other beefier consoles. Cause those are still more graphically advanced than the Switch could ever be.

May 3, 2023 at 11:43 AM Post #50 of 67
If I had a larger Steam library there would be a Steam Deck here in a heartbeat. So I'll stick with the PS5 and Switch for now. 😉

May 11, 2023 at 4:43 PM Post #51 of 67
I picked up a Switch a couple of years ago and I absolutely love it, logged many hours with this little console during downtime while working. It is limited when it comes to hardware capability, but the studios out there do some fantastic ports of more demanding games. As long as you keep that in mind and realize there will be a compromise here or there you get over its limitations quite quickly.

Playing Nier:Automata End of YorHa edition at the moment along with Bayonetta 3. Really enjoyed Dying Light, Doom Eternal (gyro aim is awesome), Dark Souls Remastered (NG+4 on that one), countless Metroidvanias and a ton of others.

Waiting now for Tears of the Kingdom to drop as I had a ton of fun with Breath of the Wild.
I didn't expect this, but Tears of the Kingdom is so much better than BOTW. I didn't like BOTW, but Tears of the Kingdom feels more organic open world, and there are dungeons, not to the extend of FromSoft games, but it's still an improvement. I actually enjoy exploring in TOTK, but not in BOTW.

Last edited:
May 12, 2023 at 11:48 AM Post #52 of 67
I didn't expect this, but Tears of the Kingdom is so much better than BOTW. I didn't like BOTW, but Tears of the Kingdom feels more organic open world, and there are dungeons, not to the extend of FromSoft games, but it's still an improvement. I actually enjoy exploring in TOTK, but not in BOTW.
Nice! It will be a while yet before I get into ToTK, playing some of my backlog stuff at the moment.

May 13, 2023 at 4:06 PM Post #53 of 67
Nice! It will be a while yet before I get into ToTK, playing some of my backlog stuff at the moment.
But, Switch is not great for ToTK. 30fps. If you have option to emulate it on a powerful computer, why would you want to do the 30fps unless you can only play portably.

I got to say, I'm quite impressed what the Zelda team pulled off with Switch hardware. I was actually expecting Nintendo to announce a more powerful Switch with the release of ToTK. Which would make sense so that it can be played at higher res at higher fps.

Last edited:
May 13, 2023 at 5:24 PM Post #54 of 67
But, Switch is not great for ToTK. 30fps. If you have option to emulate it on a powerful computer, why would you want to do the 30fps unless you can only play portably.

I got to say, I'm quite impressed what the Zelda team pulled off with Switch hardware. I was actually expecting Nintendo to announce a more powerful Switch with the release of ToTK. Which would make sense so that it can be played at higher res at higher fps.
I'm not interested in running stolen bootleg games on my PC with an emulator.
I do play a lot on the go, which was the reason I picked up a Switch. Trying to justify picking up a Steam Deck as well, but we'll see.

May 14, 2023 at 2:53 AM Post #56 of 67
Oct 21, 2023 at 1:25 PM Post #60 of 67
I swear Nintendo milks their IP that it's getting quite stale. How many times are they going to keep making these Mario games? Mario Bros gameplay from 1985. Common Nintendo, get with the times! Look at Sony. Do something new. Why do Nintendo games still get high rating automatically? They should be looked at critically, unbiasely to see if they bring anything new. Edit: This game rocks!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back