Nik's R10 amp: First Pictures
Jun 25, 2003 at 9:49 PM Post #76 of 103
mertontheczar@yahoo.com
and what did it sell for? man... this thing really has my blood a bubblin'!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 25, 2003 at 9:50 PM Post #77 of 103
MERTON, I think it was called the HA-1 or HPA-1.

Jun 25, 2003 at 9:55 PM Post #78 of 103
Quote:

Originally posted by MERTON
mertontheczar@yahoo.com
and what did it sell for? man... this thing really has my blood a bubblin'!
smily_headphones1.gif

I sold the amp for 400$ shipped to USA.

Nicola

Jul 2, 2003 at 5:08 PM Post #80 of 103
Nik, just out of curiosity... Could you please let us know how your new monster sounds with high-impedance phones like HD600s? BTW, when do you expect to recieve it?

After giving it a thougt I came to the conclusion that the HD600s probably would be a disgrace to your new amp... Maybe it would take offence?
wink.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 2, 2003 at 6:42 PM Post #81 of 103
Quote:

Originally posted by HanssoN
Nik, just out of curiosity... Could you please let us know how your new monster sounds with high-impedance phones like HD600s? BTW, when do you expect to recieve it?

After giving it a thougt I came to the conclusion that the HD600s probably would be a disgrace to your new amp... Maybe it would take offence?
wink.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Hi,

I think that the new amp will be at my door firsts days of next week. For the words of the designer a hi impedence headphone do not have problem with this amp, the problem would be with a very low impedence cans as 16 ohm or less. But Mr. Garlaschi said to me that a monster like this have no problem with any headphones you can use with it. And I believe in his words. I remember very well the POWER that came out of the first Angstrom I had... IMPRESSIVE!!!

But see you next week...

Best!
Nicola

Jul 3, 2003 at 6:38 AM Post #83 of 103
Jul 3, 2003 at 9:19 PM Post #85 of 103
Hi Merton,

generally Angstrom Research makes a very hi-end (hi.cost) equipment, they work only by special order and need a lot of time to build a piece, because extremly cured and tested. And because they use incredible hi components and parts. But you can durectly speak with them. You can tell your need to Mr. Garlaschi (that know English like me!!!) you can tell to him that Nicola gave to you his e-mail address: robigarlas@libero.it

... I'll very happy if you will replay to me about your conclusion...

Best!
Nicola
biggrin.gif

Jul 3, 2003 at 9:31 PM Post #86 of 103
i just wrote him asking for an amp that would cost $750 or less.. and i also asked hime if he could just design an amp and we could let the people on head-fi build it... kinda like an angstrom meta 42 sorta thing... i said i'd consider paying up to $750 for the design.. but that the parts to build it must cost no more than $750 (u.s. currency).

Jul 3, 2003 at 9:48 PM Post #87 of 103
Very well Merton,

let me know what he said to you. I have phoned to him today and I think to speak with him even tomorrow evening, if I know something about your project I'll tell you soon...

Regards!
Nicola

Jul 3, 2003 at 9:51 PM Post #88 of 103
well.. just realize i'm just seeing whether or not they would even do this.. it would be nice to have a new DIY amp for head-fi... an angstrom DIY high end amp... *sigh* it'll be a year before i could even really do this.. and i'd be giving up an mspro purchase for this.. if it's just a design that i buy for head-fi someone better build it for me
frown.gif

Jul 3, 2003 at 11:07 PM Post #90 of 103
salt tabs? those are bad for you.. i just drink about two gallons of water (seriously)... and if i do get them to just design it... i would like someone to build one for me... i think it would be neat to have an angstrom DIY amp here.
EDIT!!!!!!!!! oh... and i asked for it to be all solid state.. for reliablity and convenience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back