Newbie seeking advice!
May 12, 2013 at 9:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

twjroe

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I'm new to the site and new to the world of full size headphones. I was hoping people might be kind enough to offer some advice on what my first pair should be.

I've always appreciated good quality headphones and for most of the last decade have always opted for mid range sennheiser ear buds for their convenience. Last year I purchased the high end ie8's and love them. However I recently moved from working at home into a shared studio environment and therefore need a a more comfortable pair of headphones that I can listen to all day. I'd also like to use them on public transport and on planes fairly regularly so good portability, bluetooth and noise cancelation are all considerations but great sound quality is top priority.

I'll mostly be listening to high quality mp3's from my macbook pro (in the studio) and iPod (whilst traveling)

Price is obviously a consideration - if I can get the right ones for $200 that would be great - but I'm prepared to pay up to $500 for the right pair. So far I've considered Sennheiser MM500 x, Sennheiser Momentum and Philips Fidelio L1 (which I can get half-price here in Australia for $200 at the moment).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,

Cheers

Tom

May 13, 2013 at 2:40 AM Post #2 of 3
I'm not a fan on the mm series, Bluetooth just doesn't cut it for me. I'd also try the Amperiors if I was you, at the end of the day what is comfortable all day is a very personal thing dependent on head / ear size. As you already have IE8's,

May 13, 2013 at 5:40 AM Post #3 of 3
Hello!

Out of all that you have listed, I would choose Momentum! Outside of it, I would choose PSB M4U1/2! You do not need $500 for a portable full size pair of headphone bro! Unless, you wanted an amp. If so, PSB M4U1/2 scale well with one but don't knw which amp to recommend as I never try as much amp as others..only DX100, iBasso D7 and Beyer's A1

Billson  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back