New Woo Audio6
Jan 23, 2007 at 2:58 PM Post #91 of 100
With the greater demand of the lower impedence and sensitivity then the 6 would seem to be a better match. I have read a few glowing reports on the 6 with driving many types of headphones but I wish there was a more complete review and some current impressions of the amp.

Jan 23, 2007 at 5:46 PM Post #92 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With the greater demand of the lower impedence and sensitivity then the 6 would seem to be a better match. I have read a few glowing reports on the 6 with driving many types of headphones but I wish there was a more complete review and some current impressions of the amp.

[size=xx-large]Ditto...[/size] [size=x-large]Ditto...[/size] [size=large]Ditto...[/size] [size=medium]Ditto...[/size] [size=small]Ditto...[/size] Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto...Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto...
Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto...Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto...Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto...Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto...Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto...Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto...Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto... Ditto...

Jan 23, 2007 at 7:12 PM Post #93 of 100
Quote:

I have read a few glowing reports on the 6 with driving many types of headphones but I wish there was a more complete review and some current impressions of the amp.

Me too. I've been thinking about buying one of these to use with my HD595's.

Jan 24, 2007 at 12:56 AM Post #94 of 100
Quote:

I'm using senn 650 and what I can say about the sound is:
The 650's sound very lush with a large soundstage.
Channel seperation is quite noticable.
The amp definitely make the 650's shine
Still using stock tubes and the amp has at least 100 hrs.Dead quiet.

Jan 24, 2007 at 1:05 AM Post #95 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Jones /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm using senn 650 and what I can say about the sound is:
The 650's sound very lush with a large soundstage.
Channel seperation is quite noticable.
The amp definitely make the 650's shine
Still using stock tubes and the amp has at least 100 hrs.Dead quiet.

You had 595's too, right? Was there a significant difference in the sound of the 595's through the 6 compared to using them without an amp?

Jan 24, 2007 at 1:27 AM Post #96 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lockout /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You had 595's too, right? Was there a significant difference in the sound of the 595's through the 6 compared to using them without an amp?

Yes there was,I was using the darde mp-5 and the change was startling.I must also say for future reference,you would not mind going to the 650's.

Jan 24, 2007 at 2:03 AM Post #97 of 100
Thanks! I'll keep them in mind for whenever my wallet decides to forgive me for all of my recent purchases.
biggrin.gif

Jan 24, 2007 at 2:13 AM Post #98 of 100
Anyone know (or can speculate) of how much difference the Woo 6 would make with the HD650, over using the Presonus Central Station? I'm trying to figure out if it's worth sending the Presonus line out to the Woo 6 or just using the SS amp of the Presonus.

Jan 24, 2007 at 7:51 PM Post #99 of 100
I've never heard the PCW... but, the WA3 is exceptional with Senns (with the right tubes) - it is hard to find SS that sounds as good as the right tube amp / headphone combo. So... I would guess that you'll like the Woo Audio amps (either the WA3 with high impedence phones, or the WA6 with both) much better than the PCW. I doubt there's any real comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back