New WA7d Fireflies with Two Digital Inputs
Mar 28, 2014 at 10:17 PM Post #32 of 49
The WA7 looks really nice but and I'd like to eventually try one out. 

Mar 29, 2014 at 8:46 PM Post #35 of 49
Does this mean that the DAC will be powered from the PSU instead of USB, since an optical connection obviously can't carry power?

I love my WA7, but I've never liked that I'm forced to run the DAC off of USB power.  It comes in handy when I sometimes want to quickly plug into a system where I don't need the amp portion, but for my permanent desk setup, I'd like to not use dirty USB power.  I'll probably buy an isolator someday, but for now, I can't afford to spend money on it; I need a new power amp for a set of speakers I just bought.

Ideally, it would be nice to be able to power everything off of the dedicated PSU, but have separate switches for the DAC and amp sections, as there is no reason to let the tube heaters burn your tube life away if you're only using the DAC.

Apr 20, 2014 at 12:49 AM Post #36 of 49

Congratulations HiFiGuy528! 
smile.gif

Apr 20, 2014 at 8:54 PM Post #37 of 49
Update:  My WA7d review unit is schedule to arrive on 4/24. 
smile.gif
  Initial impressions to come soon thereafter.

May 2, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #39 of 49
We have good news on the upgrade EH tubes!  We just received our shipment and we'll get them tested and boxed for shipment next week.  Thank you everyone for your patience.  We're glad it arrived sooner than last expected.

May 3, 2014 at 1:54 AM Post #40 of 49
  We have good news on the upgrade EH tubes!  We just received our shipment and we'll get them tested and boxed for shipment next week.

Okay, good to know.  My babies are getting hungry...
biggrin.gif

May 11, 2014 at 10:22 PM Post #42 of 49
  Here are some answers to the discussion so far. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

* The headphone amp sound quality is the same as WA7
* There are 2 digital inputs - 1 USB and 1 optical
* RCA output is no longer available in this version
* You can use the 7d as a preamp by using the 1/4" output
* We plan to release the pricing for the new tube power supply the same time. Sorry but no trade-in. 
* Estimated delivery date is early May. Special pricing will be offered shortly

Any word on this? I'd like to know if there'll be any special offers for original WA7 owners looking to pick up a WA7d..? Already pre-ordered a WA7tp too!

May 13, 2014 at 1:22 AM Post #43 of 49
we are currently offering WA7 owners who purchased prior to WA7tp announcement a special price of $349" for WA7tp.

No deadline to buy, as long as you own your WA7 prior to WA7tp announcement, we'll take care of you.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 13, 2014 at 9:45 AM Post #44 of 49
  we are currently offering WA7 owners who purchased prior to WA7tp announcement a special price of $349" for WA7tp.

No deadline to buy, as long as you own your WA7 prior to WA7tp announcement, we'll take care of you.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sorry, I guess I read that wrong. So there will be NO special pricing for WA7 owners looking to upgrade to a WA7d?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back