New Voxoa HD Wireless Headphones Thread. Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, 16 hours of battery!
Oct 28, 2013 at 6:10 PM Post #31 of 56
Oct 28, 2013 at 6:16 PM Post #32 of 56
  Hmm. If they sound the same, that is amazing. Voxoa's are actually a pretty decent headphone. One of the best when it comes to usability. Bluetooth(really good battery life and connection), folding, build...

Would you be willing to see if they are if I sent them to you to compare?

Oct 29, 2013 at 7:19 PM Post #36 of 56
If the Voxoa sounds like this $38 chinese one or better, then it is definitely worth $100.

No aptx on this one. Not the same product. Very good sound though, decent range, and Bluetooth 4.0.

This one seems like the closest yet, and also costs $130+, from China, no NFC.
http://www.woowi.com/en/product/201208/35.html

Oct 29, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #37 of 56
  If the Voxoa sounds like this $38 chinese one or better, then it is definitely worth $100.

No aptx on this one. Not the same product. Very good sound though, decent range, and Bluetooth 4.0.

This one seems like the closest yet, and also costs $130+, from China, no NFC.
http://www.woowi.com/en/product/201208/35.html

Wow. I guess they did make lots of OEM of this headphone. Not sure if same drivers are used, but it seems like Voxoa's the most advanced one so far.

Oct 29, 2013 at 8:17 PM Post #38 of 56
  Wow. I guess they did make lots of OEM of this headphone. Not sure if same drivers are used, but it seems like Voxoa's the most advanced one so far.

Yes, it does seem like it. The Voxoa has the most in it so far.

I wonder how similar the drivers are. The $38 one is really good! Looking forward to your impressions.

Here's another. $30, this time with apt-x,aac, no NFC.
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/SX-972-Universal-Wireless-Bluetooth-stereo-On-ear-Noise-Cancelling-Headset/343001_1261578757.html

I really should pick up a Voxoa to compare between all of these.

Oct 29, 2013 at 8:26 PM Post #39 of 56
  Yes, it does seem like it. The Voxoa has the most in it so far.

I wonder how similar the drivers are. The $38 one is really good! Looking forward to your impressions.

Here's another. $30, this time with apt-x,aac, no NFC.
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/SX-972-Universal-Wireless-Bluetooth-stereo-On-ear-Noise-Cancelling-Headset/343001_1261578757.html

I really should pick up a Voxoa to compare between all of these.

IMO, Voxoa's are worth $150 price. Do try them.

Nov 2, 2013 at 5:52 PM Post #43 of 56
Try this. If you have an EQ available, add about 4-5db at 20hz, 2db at 40hz, and ~1db at 80hz. See what you think of the Voxoa once you do this.

I'm liking these quite a bit. You'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between being wired and apt-x. Great overall sound signature after a slight bass boost (my preference).

As far as the Miatone vs. the Voxoa, the Voxoa has the more clear/refined sound overall. I tested wired to confirm. Despite the Voxoa having better mids (The Miatones are recessed) and better extension in the highs, the Miatone is still pretty close. Not having apt-x hurts the Miatone.

I also just got in an $87 Artiste Audio apt-x NFC 4.0 headset with gesture controls as well. The gesture controls are awesome! You swipe up or down for volume, back or forward to skip tracks, double tap to pause. The Voxoa would have been even better with it.

As far as the audio quality, the Artiste drops off after 30hz pretty steep, so it doesn't have nearly as much bass extension, and doesn't EQ as well there. The rest of the sound is similar, but the weaker bass kills it for me.

As far as my suspicions that there are OEM versions of this headphone, I'm holding off until I get a certain model in to confirm.

Nov 2, 2013 at 9:44 PM Post #44 of 56
  Try this. If you have an EQ available, add about 4-5db at 20hz, 2db at 40hz, and ~1db at 80hz. See what you think of the Voxoa once you do this.

I'm liking these quite a bit. You'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between being wired and apt-x. Great overall sound signature after a slight bass boost (my preference).

As far as the Miatone vs. the Voxoa, the Voxoa has the more clear/refined sound overall. I tested wired to confirm. Despite the Voxoa having better mids (The Miatones are recessed) and better extension in the highs, the Miatone is still pretty close. Not having apt-x hurts the Miatone.

I also just got in an $87 Artiste Audio apt-x NFC 4.0 headset with gesture controls as well. The gesture controls are awesome! You swipe up or down for volume, back or forward to skip tracks, double tap to pause. The Voxoa would have been even better with it.

As far as the audio quality, the Artiste drops off after 30hz pretty steep, so it doesn't have nearly as much bass extension, and doesn't EQ as well there. The rest of the sound is similar, but the weaker bass kills it for me.

As far as my suspicions that there are OEM versions of this headphone, I'm holding off until I get a certain model in to confirm.

Hmm. I am quite capable of EQ. But the thing is, I already find the sub bass of Voxoa to be strong. No more adding for me. Also, by apt-x, I don't think it is effecting my review as I'm judging them with the cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back