New Virtual Dynamic Cables
Oct 28, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #31 of 37
Can you make them out of the colored glass lampshades? I'd love to have an IC with a picture of an old farmhouse and a sunset on it.

Oct 28, 2009 at 7:10 PM Post #32 of 37
the new "Lampwire" XLRs - a cult favorite.

Oct 28, 2009 at 10:52 PM Post #33 of 37
They warned me that the LSD 25 would cause a lifetime of flashbacks.
redface.gif

Oct 29, 2009 at 2:14 PM Post #34 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They warned me that the LSD 25 would cause a lifetime of flashbacks.
redface.gif

And they were right. It's even printed on the lamp shade right next to you. Look closely.

However, I was serious that I have the interconnects. While this thread is not a particularly good place to talk about sound, if you really want impressions vs. lamp cord, send the lamp cord and it will be done (I'd get it myself, but I don't want any complaints that I bought the wrong lamp cord or didn't burn it in properly). If you want impressions against any of the dozens of interconnects I've got scattered all over the place, that can be done also.

Oct 30, 2009 at 12:06 AM Post #35 of 37
They have 25' rolls of RCA "Home Theater" quality speaker cable that's something like $6. 99.9% pure, at Home Depot, that also does double duty as lamp shade cable.
That should be a good benchmark testing material to compare to. But, how do you plan to document your results in a way that proves that it doesn't make a damn of a difference over the more expensive stuff?

And more importantly, the actual "lamp shade" has to have good fashion synergy with the cord, from a purely aesthetic point of view. We are looking for both quality implementation and high quality spousal or feline acceptance factor.

Remember, white cannot be worn after Labor Day. It is verboten.

Oct 30, 2009 at 9:34 AM Post #36 of 37
Well I can tell you that their Master LE 2.0 power cord that I have certainly changes stuff. And I'm not talking about my listening impressions either. I have a Power Plant Premier. I noticed that the input voltage actually changes between certain cords I am using. Typically my normal input voltage using a stock power cord is around 122 - 123 in my apartment. When I put the VD cord on it it drops to 120 - 121. When I put my Locus Axis cord on it it drops to 119. So these cords at the very least are causing the voltage to drop. I haven't noticed any difference on the THD meter when switching between cords. It always seems to show around a 2.4% THD input, which the unit claims to correct to 0.4% output.

Nov 1, 2009 at 3:43 PM Post #37 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They have 25' rolls of RCA "Home Theater" quality speaker cable that's something like $6. 99.9% pure, at Home Depot, that also does double duty as lamp shade cable.

I've got some of the solid core Home Depot wire that Audio Asylum was raving over a couple of years back. Short review: it sucked. But why would you want a test of speaker wire against an interconnect? They run very different levels of current, and have different construction considerations. Quote:

That should be a good benchmark testing material to compare to. But, how do you plan to document your results in a way that proves that it doesn't make a damn of a difference over the more expensive stuff?

I don't. "Proof" is a waste of time and energy and has been fueling pointless threads for years. You want proof, go out and prove something. I can say what I hear, and the conditions under which I heard it. It's up to the reader to decide whether it's a credible report or not.
Quote:

And more importantly, the actual "lamp shade" has to have good fashion synergy with the cord, from a purely aesthetic point of view. We are looking for both quality implementation and high quality spousal or feline acceptance factor.

There's the real stumbling block. There's no place to hand a lamp shade on my DAC. In theory, I could hand a lamp shade on the capacitors of my SDS, but the lack of light coming from a capacitor would make them somewhat less than illuminating. OTOH, if a lamp shade on a capacitor actually improved the sound, the "immtbiker mod" could be a commercial success. Of course, sonic improvement would only happen with immtbiker-approved lamp shades...available at very reasonable costs... The lamp shade could pull double duty, as you could also put it over your head at parties after too much libation and at meets where there might be people looking for the person who sold them the lamp shades.

Quote:

Remember, white cannot be worn after Labor Day. It is verboten.

I have no fashion sense, or even respect for rules. It's after labor day, and I'm still wearing my white sneakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back