NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!!
Oct 18, 2013 at 7:43 AM Post #406 of 4,971
I never mind a bit of OT about tinnitus. It's a serious and life changing effect of hp's if you don't take precautions. I had my own personal scare and have recovered to about 90%. Needs to be mentioned more often around here. Take care of your hearing people. 

Oct 18, 2013 at 9:33 AM Post #408 of 4,971
This thread has got me looking at spl meters on Amazon.  I want to know how loud I am listening.  And to be on topic, yay Vali!  

Schiit, there is a small meet in Chicago on Nov 2nd.  I'd be happy to pay right this moment to have one available for the meet.

Oct 18, 2013 at 9:59 AM Post #409 of 4,971
Yeah, i guess you have to be careful. When i freelanced in nyc Id have my senns pegged at louD since there was so much noise around me. And its dangerous to walk around with noise cancelling headphones, you have to hear a little of whats going on around you. Ill try lower levels for now on.

Oct 18, 2013 at 10:58 AM Post #411 of 4,971
  This thread has got me looking at spl meters on Amazon.  I want to know how loud I am listening.  And to be on topic, yay Vali!  

Schiit, there is a small meet in Chicago on Nov 2nd.  I'd be happy to pay right this moment to have one available for the meet.

Getting a solid SPL meter is a good idea for room measurements and everything but if you want a ball-park estimate and have an iOS device, check out UE SPL - it's free and should get you within a few dB for sure.

Oct 18, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #412 of 4,971
Please let's get back to topic. 
smile_phones.gif

Oct 18, 2013 at 1:05 PM Post #414 of 4,971
Oct 18, 2013 at 1:06 PM Post #415 of 4,971
Schiit should have a package deal (not discounted) of the Vali + Modi. Anything to get more people to try my favorite Modi
biggrin.gif

Maybe throw in a free cable... or not. I know that Schiit doesn't like sales and they're already cheap enough.
Or even a tiny discount on shipping. I wish more people had $25-30 next day delivery. Of course Fedex/UPS rarely gives discounted rates to smaller companies I guess.

As much as I liked the Magni, the Modi deserves even better!

Oct 18, 2013 at 1:12 PM Post #416 of 4,971
I'm feeling rebellious and thinking of trying the Vali with the TH600 
very_evil_smiley.gif

(I understand the impedance, noise floor issues)

Oct 18, 2013 at 1:53 PM Post #418 of 4,971

+1

Oct 18, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #419 of 4,971
  Sign card at RMAF said November.  Jason has said in various posts 2-3 weeks after RMAF.  I check their site daily :)

Thanks.
I guess I'll probably try it, put it up against the Magni while using the Alpha's...

Oct 18, 2013 at 3:26 PM Post #420 of 4,971
I just emailed and asked the guys at schiit and received a reply of - "Complete info will be available on the site when we start shipping in a couple of weeks."  So, nothing from them until they ship - but the good news is it is going to be in the next couple of weeks!  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back