NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!!
Dec 29, 2014 at 6:43 PM Post #4,396 of 4,971
so
I got new headphones today, so I decided to unplug my other pair and plug the new ones in
then I played a song and I kept hearing constant "popping" (not the same pop from when I first turn the amp on)
thought it was strange so I unplugged the new pair and tried it with my previous heaphones and I kept getting the same popping

did I just ruin my vali? LOL.
(got it like a month ago)

not really knowledgable about this sort of thing

Dec 29, 2014 at 9:06 PM Post #4,398 of 4,971
nope this is the first time that I've heard this.. 
by microphonics I assume you mean that low hiss or the ringing that everyone talks about, no not that, it's popping every few seconds
I guess I did something wrong by unplugging/plugging my headphones
eh
guess I'll contact them then

Dec 29, 2014 at 9:18 PM Post #4,399 of 4,971
I wouldn't really describe it as popping, but the first time I had my cell phone near my Vali, I heard intermittent interference noises.  Is it possible that you have a cell phone or other electronic device nearby that you previously did not?  Definitely contact Schiit, though.

Dec 29, 2014 at 9:52 PM Post #4,401 of 4,971
I was wondering if anyone might be able to give a description of the difference in sound between the Vali, Valhalla, and Valhalla 2. I am looking for my first tube amp to drive my Senn HD600's. Also, any recommendations on DACs to go with the amp would be very much appreciated too. 

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:56 PM Post #4,403 of 4,971
  I was wondering if anyone might be able to give a description of the difference in sound between the Vali, Valhalla, and Valhalla 2. I am looking for my first tube amp to drive my Senn HD600's. Also, any recommendations on DACs to go with the amp would be very much appreciated too. 

Don't quadruple post the same question on different threads.  Pick one.

Jan 2, 2015 at 9:31 PM Post #4,404 of 4,971
Just received my Vali and it is my first real headphone amp. I have a Cmoy and comparing them side by side my Cmoy is louder. My main concern initially was to get an amp that could drive my headphones comfortably and i feel that they lack some power. I'm almost constantly past 12oclock. Also on microphonics, my Vali takes a lot of time to stop ringing/hissing mainly on the right side. And when i touch the volume knob again even if im very carefull the hiss returns. However that hiss is only noticeable with music off.
This gets better with time or i have a defective unit? I looked for the position of the tubes and they seem to be down. 

Im using my macbook out while i don't get a DAC and with a Sennheiser HD560 Ovation II (300Ohm)

Jan 2, 2015 at 9:48 PM Post #4,405 of 4,971
  Just received my Vali and it is my first real headphone amp. I have a Cmoy and comparing them side by side my Cmoy is louder. My main concern initially was to get an amp that could drive my headphones comfortably and i feel that they lack some power. I'm almost constantly past 12oclock. Also on microphonics, my Vali takes a lot of time to stop ringing/hissing mainly on the right side. And when i touch the volume knob again even if im very carefull the hiss returns. However that hiss is only noticeable with music off.
This gets better with time or i have a defective unit? I looked for the position of the tubes and they seem to be down. 

Im using my macbook out while i don't get a DAC and with a Sennheiser HD560 Ovation II (300Ohm)

Do you have the volume of your macbook maxed out?

The ringing on yours seems overly sensitive.  May want to drop an e-mail to Schiit customer service to see what they say.

Jan 2, 2015 at 10:45 PM Post #4,407 of 4,971
Facepalm'r

Length of cables don't matter.

Ringing is "normal'!!!!  It's been covered over 100 pages in this thread!

Volume knob at same position has zero meaning.  Different amps do not provide the same gain.

Same as volume knob over 12 o'clock.  12 o'clock is half way.

Jan 3, 2015 at 8:01 AM Post #4,408 of 4,971
Facepalm'r

Volume knob at same position has zero meaning.  Different amps do not provide the same gain.

As i said before it's my first amp. So basically yes you can Facepalm me for my stupid questions.

I know that Ringing is normal. I've been reading this thread too but mine starts Ringing when I barely touch the volume pot. Everything I touch it it rings.

I've emailed schiit and I'm waiting for their response.

Jan 3, 2015 at 8:33 AM Post #4,409 of 4,971
  Facepalm'r

Ringing when you very gently touch the volume knob is unusual...

Jan 3, 2015 at 8:37 AM Post #4,410 of 4,971
As i said before it's my first amp. So basically yes you can Facepalm me for my stupid questions.

I know that Ringing is normal. I've been reading this thread too but mine starts Ringing when I barely touch the volume pot. Everything I touch it it rings.

I've emailed schiit and I'm waiting for their response.

did you buy this new from schiit , or used ? the first units were very sensitive , i had one, when i got a newer one, schiit addressed the problem, and now its much better
it still rings, but it stops a lot faster 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back