New top Lotoo Mjolnir
Mar 12, 2024 at 5:28 PM Post #631 of 662
Haven't tried the USB audio as input yet

NOMAX

Mar 13, 2024 at 1:52 AM Post #632 of 662
Hi, just received my Mjolnir. I love the sound — but is anyone having any consistent results using USB audio in? I cannot get my iPhone or dap to work with it and my MacBook only works randomly. I’ll activate USB audio mode on the screen and nothing else happens.

IMG_9319.jpeg

Connect the USB cable to the iPhone/DAP first, then to the Mjölnir. (This cable will work in this way.)
Or use a directional OTG cable like this.

Mar 13, 2024 at 8:43 AM Post #633 of 662
Connect the USB cable to the iPhone/DAP first, then to the Mjölnir. (This cable will work in this way.)
Or use a directional OTG cable like this.

Thank you, so the provided Lotoo USB C to USB C cable isn't what I need?

Just tried the first method of plugging the USB cable into the phone/DAP first, still doesn't work. It asks me if I want to enter USB audio mode and when I click okay nothing happens. I am still only able to get it to work with my Mac or PC.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2024 at 10:02 AM Post #634 of 662
I bought 5 usb c cables for mjölnir-dap-connection. Some are not working at all, one with that dap, but not with others, another one with only a different dap.. quite annoying. Original mjölnir cable is also working only with one dap.
At least you'll see it fast, when it's working (screen with usb dac to confirm).vice versa.

Also.. after a change of my internet provider i cannot bring mjölnir into remote services.

Mar 13, 2024 at 10:08 AM Post #635 of 662
Hi, just received my Mjolnir. I love the sound — but is anyone having any consistent results using USB audio in? I cannot get my iPhone or dap to work with it and my MacBook only works randomly. I’ll activate USB audio mode on the screen and nothing else happens.

IMG_9319.jpeg
If you see that screen you have to check another cable. That one never runs.

Mar 13, 2024 at 11:23 AM Post #639 of 662
With the provided cable you have to plug in the right direction. On dap side lotoo brand end, on mjölnir side the "U>" branded end.

My Lotoo cable that came with the Mjolnir is identical on both sides.

IMG_9335.jpegIMG_9336.jpeg

Mar 13, 2024 at 11:53 AM Post #641 of 662
My Lotoo cable that came with the Mjolnir is identical on both sides.

The C to C USB cable comes with the Mjölnir seems not to be OTG cable. It can be used to connect PC/Mac with the Mjölnir as USB-DAC.
But iOS/Android devices require OTG cable to connect to external USB-DAC.

This is a bi-directional C to C OTG cable. You need to connect the cable to the iPhone/DAP first, then to the Mjölnir to make the Mjölnir to work properly as USB-DAC.
And this is a directional (one-way) OTG cable. The picture below is the OTG cable for PAW S2 which has "U>" direction sign. I think @rootsd is talking about this one.

I will recommend you to get one of the directional OTG cables.

OTG cable for PAW S2.JPG

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2024 at 12:19 PM Post #642 of 662
The C to C USB cable comes with the Mjölnir seems not to be OTG cable. It can be used to connect PC/Mac with the Mjölnir as USB-DAC.
But iOS/Android devices require OTG cable to connect to external USB-DAC.

This is a bi-directional C to C OTG cable. You need to connect the cable to the iPhone/DAP first, then to the Mjölnir to make the Mjölnir to work properly as USB-DAC.
And this is a directional (one-way) OTG cable. The picture below is the OTG cable for PAW S2 which has "U>" direction sign. I think @rootsd is talking about this one.

OTG cable for PAW S2.JPG

Thank you for your help.

Sorry to be a pain.

Is this one not acceptable? Because I tested this with iPhone and Android device and it still does not work also when plugging it into the portable first and Mjolnir second.

IMG_9338.jpeg

Mar 13, 2024 at 12:34 PM Post #643 of 662
I think @rootsd is talking about this one.

OTG cable for PAW S2.JPG
Exactely, that's the one my mjölnir came with. Working at least with one dap.

@aaf evo, always make sure mjölnir is running before plugging the cable. Otherwise it will not recognize that an external device is connected.

Mar 13, 2024 at 12:39 PM Post #644 of 662
Exactely, that's the one my mjölnir came with. Working at least with one dap.

@aaf evo, always make sure mjölnir is running before plugging the cable. Otherwise it will not recognize that an external device is connected.

Thank you for your help. I have tried everything that has been suggested including the Lotoo OTG cable I have with my PAW S1 and nothing will work. I have ordered the DD HiFi OTG cable that was posted above. If that doesn't work either then I am out of ideas. I will report back tomorrow when I receive it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back