New to the world of headphones and need help deciding between denons adh 2000 or bower and wilkins p5
May 28, 2012 at 8:06 AM Post #16 of 23
Quote:
As an owner of a B&W P5 I would recommend for using for ALOT of travel, they are comfortable and isolate very well (get a bit sweaty). HD-25s are a good solid choice for use out & in of the house but they do not fold.

On another note there is B&W P3 coming out which apparently are better for the price of the P5s and are Ultra portable. What music do you listen to?

No.

OP is on a good train already. no need to throw in the P5 again.

May 29, 2012 at 8:00 AM Post #17 of 23
aarrrggghh another seemingly good suggestion, are the  ultrasone pro 900 better than the ESW9A, because i am a bit worried about the comfort of the ESW9A. However  is the ultrasone pro 9000 still any good without the amplifier.

Jun 2, 2012 at 2:23 PM Post #18 of 23
Its not needed volume wise but the issue is the harshness and bass tightness.You could buy the hfi 580 which dosn't need an amp,its cheaper and has the same exact sound signature just downgraded so it might be better to try that first to even see if you like the sound.As far as the ESW9A goes I've only heard it once so I can't really compare.

Jun 3, 2012 at 3:20 AM Post #19 of 23
Time to throw a spanner in the works.

You want a portable, generally on-ear, but can be over ear. On ear is more portable but less comfortable.

You also want a more balanced headphone for those genres, not bass heavy, so the ultrasone is out.

I don't have any experience with AT, but I do know their sound signature varies a fair amount with different models.

I think you should use the search function and dig up info on these 3 on-ears: beyerdynamic dt1350, sennheiser hd25, v-moda m80

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk 2

Jun 4, 2012 at 5:54 AM Post #20 of 23
THanks for your comments. My main issue tho with most of the suggestions is that their comfort isn't all that great. if possible are there any smaller on ear headphones with great sound quality. Cause if not i mite stretch my budget a bit and get the ultrasone with the amps.

Jun 4, 2012 at 5:57 AM Post #21 of 23
Quote:
THanks for your comments. My main issue tho with most of the suggestions is that their comfort isn't all that great. if possible are there any smaller on ear headphones with great sound quality. Cause if not i mite stretch my budget a bit and get the ultrasone with the amps.

I don't know ANY on-ears that are supremely comfortable, because it sacrifices isolation. 

Jun 4, 2012 at 5:59 AM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

As for isolation and comfort, I've seen none that beats the HD25-1 II in the same price range. You can also throw in an amp for the extra $200 you have, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back