NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!!
Feb 18, 2012 at 7:30 AM Post #391 of 4,019

Quote:
Well, after reading the reviews I probably stay with my Walkman X-series and wait for the successor of Walkman Z-series.

I've decided to do the same because I see no real reason to upgrade to the Z (owning the X1060). Sure the SQ of the Z may be a bit better than the X but the size of the Z is way too big for a PMP anyway (I also carry a smartphone when I'm outdoors so it wouldn't be that comfortable to carry them both). I'd also like to see a smaller Walkman, to be more pocket friendly cause we also have phones with big screen these days...

If, somehow, someday Sony decides to "shrink" the Z to the size of the X in the near future, I'm sold. Oh, almost forgot - Sony, would you please bring back the active NC feature on your Walkman range and 64GB devices for Europe? Untill then and IF all these changes will ever happen, the Sony Xperia S will be my next device.

Feb 18, 2012 at 8:31 AM Post #393 of 4,019

Quote:
Sony A860s is basically the mini version of the Z1000s

It may be but there's no NC on the new A series either :frowning2: I know for some that wouldn't be much of a deal if there's NC or not. It may sound weird but for some reason I got used to the X's NC function and I realised that without it, my music just wouldn't sound the same again..

Feb 18, 2012 at 9:03 AM Post #394 of 4,019
The NC buds that came with the 846 were a step-up from the NC buds that came with the Sony P (8" Windows PC). I still have both sets, hardly ever used them (except perhaps for A/B'ing). But, had there been the option in North America for the Z-series, I would have paid-out for it (...just to have it there). The "cheap-looking" buds (haven't actually listened to them), included with the North American Z1060 do not have the extra NC band on the plug.

Feb 18, 2012 at 1:56 PM Post #395 of 4,019
Does anyone know where can I get the SONY Walkman A867 (the 64GB A series) and does the Japanese A867 support English (menus can be changed to English)?
I prefer the English version.

Feb 18, 2012 at 2:35 PM Post #396 of 4,019

Quote:
Does anyone know where can I get the SONY Walkman A867 (the 64GB A series) and does the Japanese A867 support English (menus can be changed to English)?
I prefer the English version.

The UK version was only stocked by amp3 exclusively and their remaining stock they had left has now sold out! : ( 
As I was contemplating getting the 64gb A867 to tie me over until Sony bring out a perfected new Z series next year...  that's if my X series can hold out until then (what a wait!)

Still not many in depth reviews on the SQ of the Z series of yet from those who have the Japanese version, anyone....

Feb 18, 2012 at 5:48 PM Post #397 of 4,019
My local Sony Centre in the UK now stocks the new Sony NWZ-Z1060 android DAPs which I found really surprising considering I thought it was 1st March before they were getting released but they are released now. I had a look at it but it is bigger than what I thought it would be and at £299 it is a bit expensive considering the EU volume cap.

Feb 18, 2012 at 6:50 PM Post #398 of 4,019

Quote:
My local Sony Centre in the UK now stocks the new Sony NWZ-Z1060 android DAPs which I found really surprising considering I thought it was 1st March before they were getting released but they are released now. I had a look at it but it is bigger than what I thought it would be and at £299 it is a bit expensive considering the EU volume cap.

Did you get to listen to to the Z to see how good or bad the EU volume cap is on the UK Z series as Sony have varied on the level they cap them at from model to model in the last couple of years.

Wait 3- 6 months and the UK versions will be going a lot cheaper, would not surprise me if in 6-10 months they release a certain amount of Z1070 64gb on to the European market. Sony have done this before.

Feb 19, 2012 at 5:10 AM Post #399 of 4,019
My new LOD

Feb 19, 2012 at 5:21 AM Post #400 of 4,019

Quote:

Do you mind me asking which is your local sony centre as mine still only has it on pre-order.
On Play.com they have it for £274.99 though it says out of stock. I presumed when it was released in the uk then it would come in stock. 
Also I just wondered where you heard the release date was 1st March, I've searched and searched online and can't find a release date for the uk, so I've just resorted to checking my local sony online everyday.

Feb 19, 2012 at 11:13 AM Post #403 of 4,019
Feb 19, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #404 of 4,019

Quote:
This looks very nice! Does this combo match your expectations soundwise? How is the sound quality of the Sony+LOD+TTJV compared to the Ibasso DX100 unamped?

I pre-ordered the DX100, so you have to wait, and to be honest I had little time with this combo, but will update you later with my impression .

Feb 19, 2012 at 1:35 PM Post #405 of 4,019

Quote:
Nice, How does the Sony pair with the TTVJ Slim then turokrocks?

Its clean, open and now less digital than the Z, but I had little time with it, so maybe later will update you, but the Tube like sound of the TTVJ slim with the SONY Z is more neutral than warm with the W4, but I can tell you I am impressed (probably till I get my DX100) ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back