New Sennheiser HD-700!!!!
Dec 6, 2011 at 11:25 AM Post #93 of 550

Quote:
Looks really ugly to me, though I imagine it'll be a huge hit with the 18-34 year old Beats demographic.  Looks like just what they're after - fat and clunky. 

Many a post has questioned why Sennheiser hasn't tried to tap into the popular market that the Beats created - maybe this is their shot at it?  They'll possibly hit two birds with one stone by appealing to those legitimately interested in high fidelity who cannot afford HD800s. 

Do you really think a Beats fan would appreciate such a phone? Would they honestly shell out $600-$1000 for such a polarizing design? Sennheiser is not oblivious enough to believe this near flagship would ever capture the interest of the everyday Joe.

Dec 6, 2011 at 11:36 AM Post #94 of 550

Quote:
Not anymore than the HD800 IMHO.  

Methinks the retail product will have an additional standard protective grill, or that that white sheath is like the HD800's transparent enclosure, Not the back of the driver itself. That is, if it's an actual headphone at all.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by juantendo8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do you really think a Beats fan would appreciate such a phone? Would they honestly shell out $600-$1000 for such a polarizing design? Sennheiser is not oblivious enough to believe this near flagship would ever capture the interest of the everyday Joe.

Yeah, I seriously have no idea how this aerospase helmet resembeles a Beats whatsoever.

Quote:
doesnt the driver look FAR to exposed on the outside for these to be real?

Dec 6, 2011 at 12:52 PM Post #96 of 550
Hideous.  Looks like headphone breeding gone wrong. 

"Beatriz, oh mah Gawd, we left the HD800 and HD598 ein the pen layst niiht an they done had a baby!"  Wut in Gawd's name we gowna do with this....thang honey?  Beatriz, ah you listenin' to me?  Get out here an' look at this abomination!  .....Beatriz turn off dat television and get yur skinny azz out here!  Bring the axe, I reckon we better put this thang out it's misery...."

Dec 6, 2011 at 12:56 PM Post #98 of 550

Quote:

"Beatriz, oh mah Gawd, we left the HD800 and HD598 ein the pen layst niiht an they done had a baby!"  Wut in Gawd's name we gowna do with this....thang honey?  Beatriz, ah you listenin' to me?  Get out here an' look at this abomination!  .....Beatriz turn off dat television and get yur skinny azz out here!  Bring the axe, I reckon we better put this thang out it's misery...."

Interesting German accent
wink.gif

Dec 6, 2011 at 12:57 PM Post #99 of 550

Quote:

LOL!

Dec 6, 2011 at 1:44 PM Post #101 of 550
Dec 6, 2011 at 2:12 PM Post #102 of 550
Seriously, though. I only like minimalist cases. I can't stand gaudy ones.

I'm the exact opposite for headphones, however. I like it when my headphones stand out.

Dec 6, 2011 at 2:41 PM Post #103 of 550
I like when music stands out and I can forget about the headphone... Subscribing. I'd like HD800 level performance at a lower cost. 

Dec 6, 2011 at 3:31 PM Post #104 of 550
Quote:
doesnt the driver look FAR to exposed on the outside for these to be real?

I'm with you... no wait it's just a prototype and the production model will have the same small metal grilles as the HD800 
rolleyes.gif

Quote:
Jumping aboard the, "looks like a fake mock-up, and a bad one at that" band wagon.

Yeah me too. The thing that gets me besides the exposed drivers is the smaller, triangular earcup openings. It just doesn't look like you could fit a good-sized ear into it comfortably.

Dec 6, 2011 at 4:03 PM Post #105 of 550

Quote:
I wouldn't mind a HD600 with HD800 level of detail and speed to be honest...

c858017a_1272329653055.jpg

Crossing my fingers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back