New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
May 2, 2015 at 3:46 AM Post #6,526 of 9,484

Stay tuned. 

My Yggdrasil will be here on Monday.  I placed an order for the TotalDAC D1-Dual.  One will stay, one will go.  I'm very doubtful the Yggdrasil will hang with the TotalDAC, I guess because I don't believe in all this magic. 

The reason I waited to order the TotalDAC is because I wanted to give the Yggdrasil it's proper stabilizing time.  I will also give the TotalDAC a few days, so the Yggdrasil will have at least a two week lead.   

Awesome with a TotalDAC D1-Dual! Does it mean that you not going to try the Pavane at home?

May 2, 2015 at 4:43 AM Post #6,527 of 9,484

Stay tuned. 

My Yggdrasil will be here on Monday.  I placed an order for the TotalDAC D1-Dual.  One will stay, one will go.  I'm very doubtful the Yggdrasil will hang with the TotalDAC, I guess because I don't believe in all this magic. 

The reason I waited to order the TotalDAC is because I wanted to give the Yggdrasil it's proper stabilizing time.  I will also give the TotalDAC a few days, so the Yggdrasil will have at least a two week lead.   

Looking forward to your findings!

May 2, 2015 at 4:51 AM Post #6,528 of 9,484
Let the COUNTDOWN begins...

May 2, 2015 at 4:51 AM Post #6,529 of 9,484

If anyone is looking to sell the Yggy, PM me, my Vega sold in 12 hours, was expecting it might take a few weeks! And I see now on Schiit's website that the expected shipping date is not until the end of June now, guess I planned that poorly :cool:

Stay tuned. 

That TotalDAC is a serious toy, enjoy and please let us know your thoughts!

May 2, 2015 at 5:19 AM Post #6,532 of 9,484
May 2, 2015 at 6:26 AM Post #6,534 of 9,484
Stay tuned. 

Yours might just be the first useful, serious and cool-headed impression. No pressure :)

May 2, 2015 at 7:35 AM Post #6,535 of 9,484

Stay tuned. 

Congrats! Even if the D1 was to take a beating, we are several to be very curious about the outcome :). Don't forget to play with the settings such as the brickwall compensation filter (I actually use mine without) and the absolute polarity which is subtle yet hard to miss, amazing how one's brain can mess with you :). Somehow, I feel the presentation a bit more lively and tighter in either of the settings. Actually, I found many instances where polarity reversal sounded better than normal, I wonder if the amplifier is actually respecting absolute phase. I thought I read before that XLR connections are actually different polarity in Japan vs. elsewhere - did I hallucinate?

cheers,
arnaud

May 2, 2015 at 7:58 AM Post #6,536 of 9,484
Here're the results of a top DAC meet somewhere in Asia, the panel of judges included 8 senior hifier/magazine author

The Yggy has to beat these top dogs to claim the #1 spot

CDplayer:dCS Verdi、Vitus RCD-100
Amp:Blouder 1010+1060
speakers:Eggleston Works The Nine
Interface:8XR、Hydra Z

May 2, 2015 at 8:58 AM Post #6,537 of 9,484
Congrats! Even if the D1 was to take a beating, we are several to be very curious about the outcome :). Don't forget to play with the settings such as the brickwall compensation filter (I actually use mine without) and the absolute polarity which is subtle yet hard to miss, amazing how one's brain can mess with you :). Somehow, I feel the presentation a bit more lively and tighter in either of the settings. Actually, I found many instances where polarity reversal sounded better than normal, I wonder if the amplifier is actually respecting absolute phase. I thought I read before that XLR connections are actually different polarity in Japan vs. elsewhere - did I hallucinate?

cheers,
arnaud

Considering the expectation bias in his previous post, I don't think the D1 will take a "beating". Nevertheless, his will be one of the first data points between a TOTL DAC and the Yggdrasil.

May 2, 2015 at 12:35 PM Post #6,538 of 9,484

Stay tuned. 

popcorn.gif

May 2, 2015 at 1:06 PM Post #6,539 of 9,484

Stay tuned. 

A $10k dac vs a $2k? 
That will be fun 
popcorn.gif

beerchug.gif

May 2, 2015 at 2:20 PM Post #6,540 of 9,484
Two dacs enter, one leaves...

*insert dramatic music by Ennio Morricone*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back