New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Oct 5, 2013 at 10:06 AM Post #603 of 9,484
Warrenpchi talked or something as a triumph that they couldn't stop talking about.  Considering it's being released alongside the statement amp/dac yet still getting lots of attentoin, it must be something really neat.

Oct 5, 2013 at 3:33 PM Post #605 of 9,484

perhaps headphones... 

Not sure how I would feel about about Schiit Headphones...I'm a bit of a pureist. I like my dac and amp guys to stick with Dacs and Amps, and leave the headphones to the headphone people

but then again... I do like Hifiman Daps and Headphones, so

:D A Schiit can might be cool! 

THen I can carry around a bag full of schiit! Some awesome schiit at that ;3 

Oct 5, 2013 at 3:39 PM Post #606 of 9,484
No speakers, no headphones--we know nothing about transducers, nor do we pretend to, nor would be rebrand someone else's stuff as our own. 

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Oct 5, 2013 at 3:40 PM Post #607 of 9,484
  No speakers, no headphones--we know nothing about transducers, nor do we pretend to, nor would be rebrand someone else's stuff as our own. 

Thank you Jason, this is what I was hoping for. Do what you know never spread your selvs thin 

Oct 5, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #608 of 9,484

Not sure how I would feel about about Schiit Headphones...I'm a bit of a pureist. I like my dac and amp guys to stick with Dacs and Amps, and leave the headphones to the headphone people

but then again... I do like Hifiman Daps and Headphones, so

:D A Schiit can might be cool! 

THen I can carry around a bag full of schiit! Some awesome schiit at that ;3 

tru that... 

i have my eyes on the Ragnarok when it comes out, simply because it can drive passive speakers... i would like to see an amp the size of asgard for speakers... 

Oct 5, 2013 at 4:21 PM Post #609 of 9,484

tru that... 

i have my eyes on the Ragnarok when it comes out, simply because it can drive passive speakers... i would like to see an amp the size of asgard for speakers... 

I'm not into speakers just yet. Still living with others in an enviorment not friendly to speakers 

Oct 6, 2013 at 8:00 AM Post #612 of 9,484
  Maybe some fully portable Schiit amp/DAC?

The Japanese have a portable Tube Amp, I'd love to see Schiit Pioneer that feild for us Americans! 

Oct 6, 2013 at 9:33 AM Post #613 of 9,484
Have we eliminated the idea of Schiit doing a dedicated SACD/DVD-A/CD Player? I would love to either have a dedicated CD Player with RCA output to match with their stuff, or even CD Player with optical or BNIC or SPDIF output to go into their current/future DAC's. 

To me, that would be quite awesome as 90-95% of my music if from my CD's or Records and when I listen at home I hardly care about USB DAC capabilities if I have the option to use my large CD collection. I know that Schiit had asked about SACD players in the past and people's interest in Schiit coming out with one. I don't own a single SACD, and maybe 2-3 DVD-Audio discs. I wouldn't mind having the option to listen to them directly, but it definitely is not a must-have option for my needs.

I think SACD or DVD-Audio is DSD based, and it would be might interesting if they did a SACD/DVD-A/CD player that has USB Input, and 2 USB output's and comes with two short USB cords to use with a Modi and Loki, which would handle the different conversions (not sure the actual details for this, as I am probably making a huge assumption about the simplicity of a device taking signal from a disc and making it work for a USB DAC). The USB Input would serve as a pass-through/Powered hub so that the Modi and Loki have the right amount of power (consistently) as well as only needing 1 USB cord to have them both plugged in and properly powered (not that they don't get ample power from their current USB cables, but this item would be a premium thing to use, and thus if they added in this capability then it really would justify whatever price point they set to it as the power management would likely offer a more enjoyable experience with their current devices (potentially). 

Also, the idea of a dedicated pre-amp with proper grounding would be awesome to use with my turntable. I have been looking for a well made, nicely priced dedicated pre-amp and I know if Schiit came out with one, their would be a chance it would in my price range as well as be a great device for it's use case that's made in America :)

I know this may have been a lot of rambling but this is what type of stuff I would love to see. I think in my idea for the CD player I mentioned like 3 different setups for it, which would apply to which line of Amps/DACs they would match the casing of. Personally I'd want it in the Lyr/Bifrost/Asgard size, but their is plenty of merit to the idea of any of their chassis designs being at least modified to fit a CD player inside them. Magni/Modi/Loki Chassis would need more depth, but that would be an awesome size for a nice CD player that didn't handle the DAC section itself but had some form of digital output to any of Schiit's other DAC's. 

Again, this all may be dreaming on my part, maybe even "What the hell did I drink last night" dreaming, but I find it refreshing that I can see a company that likes to do things the way I would hope they are done (I like my Amp and DAC sections separate, beautiful made and from the USA) as well as the culture that surrounds their brand and the things I find to be out there just might be hitting the nail on the head. You truly don't know what it will be that they announce until they've announced some crazy Norse mythology reference and you're like, "What the heck and how do I pronounce that?!?" until 2 days later it is part of your regular vocabulary and you can't handle the wait till it comes out/arrives at your door. I'm still waiting on my first Schiit product to arrive, but I've been tracking this company for a while and love the community that surrounds it. I have been a fan for a while and happily will own a Lyr by Wednesday :)

Schiit.....Let's get this Schiit on the road....

Oct 6, 2013 at 9:57 AM Post #614 of 9,484
  Have we eliminated the idea of Schiit doing a dedicated SACD/DVD-A/CD Player? I would love to either have a dedicated CD Player with RCA output to match with their stuff, or even CD Player with optical or BNIC or SPDIF output to go into their current/future DAC's. 

To me, that would be quite awesome as 90-95% of my music if from my CD's or Records and when I listen at home I hardly care about USB DAC capabilities if I have the option to use my large CD collection. I know that Schiit had asked about SACD players in the past and people's interest in Schiit coming out with one. I don't own a single SACD, and maybe 2-3 DVD-Audio discs. I wouldn't mind having the option to listen to them directly, but it definitely is not a must-have option for my needs.

I think SACD or DVD-Audio is DSD based, and it would be might interesting if they did a SACD/DVD-A/CD player that has USB Input, and 2 USB output's and comes with two short USB cords to use with a Modi and Loki, which would handle the different conversions (not sure the actual details for this, as I am probably making a huge assumption about the simplicity of a device taking signal from a disc and making it work for a USB DAC). The USB Input would serve as a pass-through/Powered hub so that the Modi and Loki have the right amount of power (consistently) as well as only needing 1 USB cord to have them both plugged in and properly powered (not that they don't get ample power from their current USB cables, but this item would be a premium thing to use, and thus if they added in this capability then it really would justify whatever price point they set to it as the power management would likely offer a more enjoyable experience with their current devices (potentially). 

Also, the idea of a dedicated pre-amp with proper grounding would be awesome to use with my turntable. I have been looking for a well made, nicely priced dedicated pre-amp and I know if Schiit came out with one, their would be a chance it would in my price range as well as be a great device for it's use case that's made in America :)

I know this may have been a lot of rambling but this is what type of stuff I would love to see. I think in my idea for the CD player I mentioned like 3 different setups for it, which would apply to which line of Amps/DACs they would match the casing of. Personally I'd want it in the Lyr/Bifrost/Asgard size, but their is plenty of merit to the idea of any of their chassis designs being at least modified to fit a CD player inside them. Magni/Modi/Loki Chassis would need more depth, but that would be an awesome size for a nice CD player that didn't handle the DAC section itself but had some form of digital output to any of Schiit's other DAC's. 

Again, this all may be dreaming on my part, maybe even "What the hell did I drink last night" dreaming, but I find it refreshing that I can see a company that likes to do things the way I would hope they are done (I like my Amp and DAC sections separate, beautiful made and from the USA) as well as the culture that surrounds their brand and the things I find to be out there just might be hitting the nail on the head. You truly don't know what it will be that they announce until they've announced some crazy Norse mythology reference and you're like, "What the heck and how do I pronounce that?!?" until 2 days later it is part of your regular vocabulary and you can't handle the wait till it comes out/arrives at your door. I'm still waiting on my first Schiit product to arrive, but I've been tracking this company for a while and love the community that surrounds it. I have been a fan for a while and happily will own a Lyr by Wednesday :)

Schiit.....Let's get this Schiit on the road....

Good point, it's a shame that my entire collection is DIgital. I wish I had all CD's but I'm too young for that... I own a few CD's mostly because when I was old enough to get my own music everything started going digital, and CD's where expensive. I think I own 4 actual Studio Produced CD's... I you know I kinda like to have more actually. They are a cool thing to own! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back