New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Jan 5, 2015 at 8:50 AM Post #4,531 of 9,484
  Anyone else with the Rag and the HE-560 find them to be an excellent pairing? I honestly think I enjoy it better than my LCD-3F. I feel like on lesser amps there's not quite enough body with the HE-560 but there's definately plenty of bottom end with the Rag. The soundstaging is just fantastic too, better than the LCD-3F for sure. Quite an excellent pairing.

This is through the Rag's balanced output, right?

Jan 5, 2015 at 8:56 AM Post #4,532 of 9,484
Anyone else with the Rag and the HE-560 find them to be an excellent pairing? I honestly think I enjoy it better than my LCD-3F. I feel like on lesser amps there's not quite enough body with the HE-560 but there's definately plenty of bottom end with the Rag. The soundstaging is just fantastic too, better than the LCD-3F for sure. Quite an excellent pairing.

Thanks for your impressions, I was wanting to get a pair of lcd-3f,, but now the he-560's might do me instead. I just love how my Ragnarok runs my Alpha Prime's in balanced mode.:)

Jan 5, 2015 at 10:15 AM Post #4,533 of 9,484
Well, I am considering the Gungnir. The Ragnarok is too much in Europe for now... Not enough funds to buy everything :D

Jan 5, 2015 at 10:56 AM Post #4,534 of 9,484
Jan 5, 2015 at 5:43 PM Post #4,535 of 9,484
Has anyone tried the rag with 805ds? 
I'm using it with LS50s at the moment but just heard a pair of 805ds through a dialogue premium and for a complex orchestral piece like Jupiter from the planets there was no comparison.  The LS 50s are great for Billie Holiday but they fall apart when theres strings and brass and percussion all at the same time.
I have the volume almost maxed on the KEFs so it's pushing the rag to it's limits which could be causing the collapse but I dont have a more powerful amp on hand so I cant do a comparison...

I'm seriously considering the 805ds now, though I may end up getting monoblocks and using the rag as a preamp.

Jan 5, 2015 at 6:50 PM Post #4,536 of 9,484
  Has anyone tried the rag with 805ds? 
I'm using it with LS50s at the moment but just heard a pair of 805ds through a dialogue premium and for a complex orchestral piece like Jupiter from the planets there was no comparison.  The LS 50s are great for Billie Holiday but they fall apart when theres strings and brass and percussion all at the same time.
I have the volume almost maxed on the KEFs so it's pushing the rag to it's limits which could be causing the collapse but I dont have a more powerful amp on hand so I cant do a comparison...

I'm seriously considering the 805ds now, though I may end up getting monoblocks and using the rag as a preamp.

The B&Ws are more efficient.  

LS50 - 
Sensitivity (2.83V/1m)85dB
805d 
Sensitivity88dB spl (2.83V, 1m)

Jan 5, 2015 at 9:07 PM Post #4,539 of 9,484
It sounds like a mangled press release, or perhaps mangled notes taken in haste and then only partially re-assembled later…

JJ
atsmile.gif

Jan 5, 2015 at 10:30 PM Post #4,540 of 9,484
  It sounds like a mangled press release, or perhaps mangled notes taken in haste and then only partially re-assembled later…

JJ
atsmile.gif

Steven Stone is the TAS equivalent of Stephen Meijas, formerly of Stereophile now a marketing manager at Audioquest. These guys concentrate on the entry-level gear so the editors dont get 500 emails a week saying 'Why dont you include something that costs less than 15K ?'. Not sure why Schiit would try to palm this off as a 'review' - at best, its a 'preview'. Start shipping the thing and you'll get all the reviews you want, and i dare say some of them will be better written than a large percentage of the TAS reviews I've endured over the last 3 years. 

Jan 5, 2015 at 11:27 PM Post #4,541 of 9,484
Steven Stone is the TAS equivalent of Stephen Meijas, formerly of Stereophile now a marketing manager at Audioquest. These guys concentrate on the entry-level gear so the editors dont get 500 emails a week saying 'Why dont you include something that costs less than 15K ?'. Not sure why Schiit would try to palm this off as a 'review' - at best, its a 'preview'. Start shipping the thing and you'll get all the reviews you want, and i dare say some of them will be better written than a large percentage of the TAS reviews I've endured over the last 3 years. 

Eh. Think everybody is taking this too seriously. Excerpt of a show report published last year. NBD.

Jan 6, 2015 at 5:03 AM Post #4,544 of 9,484
For anyone interested, I came across this review of the Rag from someone in Australia using it as an integrated speaker amp primarily, reading some of their other posts they appear to have a very wide experience across a whole slew of speaker amps and seem particularly taken by the Rag.

Looking like I will get a chance to try the Rag in Melbourne in February, really looking forward to trying it out with my HE-6. Hopefully I can wait to hear it in person, but I have to admit I am only a few more positive reports of this pairing away from purchasing blindly (deafly?) without having tried it...

Jan 6, 2015 at 3:18 PM Post #4,545 of 9,484
Probably late to the party. Just learned of the price and availability - Q1 2015 & 2299$.
I am excited, but at the same time I am not sure whether to not jump for the Gungnir 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back