New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Jun 22, 2013 at 10:09 AM Post #136 of 9,484
Quote:
Should make a killer executive desktop system with a pair of the mini maggies.
as a replacement for what I have at work now.

Ha, yes, we're actually using the mini Maggies as one of the speakers in development. Though you better have a lot of desk space!

One of the nice things about the microprocessor control is that we're also using it to monitor all current and DC conditions, so it's actually setting the quiescent current and managing DC, as well as monitoring for faults--so there's no need for a DC servo at all. So, DC coupled all the way through, no servo, and no worries about drift.

Still running a few versions of output devices, one depletion mode, one lateral, one vertical...decisions...

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jun 22, 2013 at 10:47 AM Post #137 of 9,484
The speakers i'm currenly using are already bigger and WAY heavier than the maggies, and my desk is not really
a desk, and is 7.5 feet wide. Think old school. It will fit. I will MAKE it fit. With the 32 inch monitor. And there will
be enough room between the maggies and the back wall.

But what I really want is one of these.  Trouble is it won't fit thru the door.

http://www.mbwfurniture.com/products.cfm?prodID=14466

Jun 22, 2013 at 11:09 AM Post #138 of 9,484
Quote:
The speakers i'm currenly using are already bigger and WAY heavier than the maggies, and my desk is not really
a desk, and is 7.5 feet wide. Think old school. It will fit. I will MAKE it fit.

eek.gif

Jun 22, 2013 at 3:21 PM Post #140 of 9,484
i assume the output power spec stated is for only the speaker terminals.
what will the headphone outs produce, power wise?

Jun 22, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #143 of 9,484
Quote:
It has power output specs for headphones and speakers. I believe it's 15W into 32 ohms, 9.6W into 50 ohms, 1.6W into 300 ohms and 800mW into 600 ohms.

but you can tap headphones off the speaker terminals, so it aint exactly clear!

Jun 22, 2013 at 4:16 PM Post #144 of 9,484
I wonder if the Ragnarak will pair better with my Mini-Maggies than my Parasound A21...  Seems a bit of a stretch, but one can only hope.

Jun 22, 2013 at 4:29 PM Post #145 of 9,484
So people who don't like sumo and have never used a circlotron outside the toilet bowl have to stand 20 minutes on their head before grasping the greatness?
I predict a flurry of sales. Send it to Srajan ASAP. :D

Jun 22, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #147 of 9,484
if thats cheap for a headphone amp i may as well give up.

Jun 22, 2013 at 5:01 PM Post #148 of 9,484
if thats cheap for a headphone amp i may as well give up.

It appears to be aiming to compete more with amps like the Cavalli Liquid Gold which has no speaker taps and retails for almost $6500. There are plenty of cheaper headphone amps, but none that are really aimed at the same target. Plus you should realize that it's not really a headphone amp. That's an integrated amp with multiple headphone outputs and gain switching. When compared to those, it's pretty cheap. Whether it actually hits its target or not remains to be seen, but if it does, it's an amazing value.

Jun 22, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #149 of 9,484
Quote:
It appears to be aiming to compete more with amps like the Cavalli Liquid Gold which has no speaker taps and retails for almost $6500. There are plenty of cheaper headphone amps, but none that are really aimed at the same target. Plus you should realize that it's not really a headphone amp. That's an integrated amp with multiple headphone outputs and gain switching. When compared to those, it's pretty cheap. Whether it actually hits its target or not remains to be seen, but if it does, it's an amazing value.

i take your point.
did not know the price of the CLG. that is a different world for me.
this new Schitt is interesting though. sadly you can add another 20% to its price for us UK martyrs ;(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back