NEW - Schiit Asgard 2
Feb 5, 2014 at 12:33 AM Post #1,156 of 2,741
  Isn't that 32 Ohms? My 38 Ohm HE-500's sing on the Asgard 2 and they are far less sensitive. The Asgard 2's output impedance is less that 2 Ohms. If it were 2 Ohms then any cans at 16 Ohms or above should be fine as long as the power is sufficient.

The math isn't that simple. Magni's output impedance is <0.1 Ohms, so you would think it's fine, but it's not. It's awful on it. I'd like to know how it does on Asgard 2.

Feb 5, 2014 at 12:33 AM Post #1,157 of 2,741
Just for schiits and giggles, can anyone throw in a PX 100-II just to see if that low impedance can works? I don't think I'd ever run it, but I'd like to know if it works.

Want me to try with my cheap MDR-EX300 ear buds that came with my Sony walkman F806?

Feb 5, 2014 at 12:40 AM Post #1,158 of 2,741
Feb 5, 2014 at 12:42 AM Post #1,159 of 2,741
  The math isn't that simple. Magni's output impedance is <0.1 Ohms, so you would think it's fine, but it's not. It's awful on it. I'd like to know how it does on Asgard 2.

Do you have an amp that the PX 100-II's sound good on? Also what is it in the sound that is not to your liking?

Feb 5, 2014 at 1:02 AM Post #1,162 of 2,741
  haha Excellent. Thank you!

beerchug.gif

Feb 5, 2014 at 1:53 PM Post #1,166 of 2,741

Joe! When I get myself seom Schiit products we are talking! Thats hot. I HATE the silver only option Schiit offers.

Thanks!  I can't understand why they don't offer a choice of silver or black.  I know they say it's to keep costs down but I don't think it helps much if any.  They did offer limited quantities of black on some models for a little while but sadly they were painted black, not black anodized.  I don't  really care for the white LEDs either so, I've been switching to red, green, or blue.

Feb 5, 2014 at 1:56 PM Post #1,167 of 2,741
Dude, looks like you could have used one of my Schiit LED kits:

Thumbs up on that stack and your leds!

Mine is the quick and dirty holepunched elec tape. Works pretty good though, the cool blue on the Bifrost is real transparent, while the red on Valhalla adds a nice warmth and texture through the midrange.:D

Feb 5, 2014 at 3:22 PM Post #1,169 of 2,741
Thanks!  I can't understand why they don't offer a choice of silver or black.  I know they say it's to keep costs down but I don't think it helps much if any.  They did offer limited quantities of black on some models for a little while but sadly they were painted black, not black anodized.  I don't  really care for the white LEDs either so, I've been switching to red, green, or blue.

That's every company's excuse.

Prime example is the Alpha Dog. People got criticized for not liking Dan's choice of color. Some people in the thread went as far as saying "don't like it? don't buy it!" and "you can't see the color when its on your head." I even remember Dan posting a Beats Colors slogan, sarcastically, aimed towards those complaining.

Now, after banking on the Alpha Dog, they're taking votes for a new color (maybe two). Hilarious lol..

Credit to MrSpeakers, however, on finally giving in to their customers' requests. I wish Schiit would do the same...

Feb 5, 2014 at 3:59 PM Post #1,170 of 2,741
That's every company's excuse.

Prime example is the Alpha Dog. People got criticized for not liking Dan's choice of color. Some people in the thread went as far as saying "don't like it? don't buy it!" and "you can't see the color when its on your head." I even remember Dan posting a Beats Colors slogan, sarcastically, aimed towards those complaining.

Now, after banking on the Alpha Dog, they're taking votes for a new color (maybe two). Hilarious lol..

Credit to MrSpeakers, however, on finally giving in to their customers' requests. I wish Schiit would do the same...

Maybe the guys at Schitt could get a few cans of spray paint and hire a few taggers. LOL Customization to the next level. Although Black Anodization without the tagging would be nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back