***NEW*** RHA (Reid Heath Acoustics) T10i IEM to debut at IFA 2014
Oct 15, 2014 at 12:46 AM Post #151 of 258
Thanks for the fixed link DOH!

For some they might find the treble filter makes the signature v shaped. But if it does it definitely a small v in my opinion. But again I am a bit of a treble head so just like getting some extra treble into my music. In my opinion the treble filter is the most balanced filter. But let me try both filters (balanced and treble) tomorrow and I will post a more thorough analysis and May even add a bit more in that section of my review.

Oct 15, 2014 at 1:24 AM Post #152 of 258
I think I will update not only the filter section, but also add a paragraph talking about which IEMs and headphones these DO sound like to help make it easier for people to decide about the IEM.

Oct 15, 2014 at 1:35 AM Post #155 of 258
Actually that is why I want to add a section about what I think they do sound like. I actually think they sound similar to the H3 which given their great design and comfort might make them an excellent option. Unfortunately I am saying that from memory only and from only a short 1 week window of time where I used the H3 so my memory may be suspect.

I will add the paragraph tomorrow, it will include the XBA-H3 reference along with some other IEMs I can't think of off the top of my head and a direct A/B comparison to the Fidelio L2. I also may have a pair of Vivo X800 to compare as well.

Oct 15, 2014 at 1:42 AM Post #156 of 258
Actually that is why I want to add a section about what I think they do sound like. I actually think they sound similar to the H3 which given their great design and comfort might make them an excellent option. Unfortunately I am saying that from memory only and from only a short 1 week window of time where I used the H3 so my memory may be suspect.

I will add the paragraph tomorrow, it will include the XBA-H3 reference along with some other IEMs I can't think of off the top of my head and a direct A/B comparison to the Fidelio L2.

^
Sweet thanks for all the hard work as always.
beerchug.gif

Then there's Sony new updates of those H3 lineup that will be released/already released. Too many upcoming goodies..... sigh.
triportsad.gif

Oct 15, 2014 at 10:02 AM Post #158 of 258
Shame about those cheap-looking red & blue channel indicators - spoil the aesthetic somewhat - a colour anodised aluminium or similar would've been better... Won't stop me getting a pair though.

Oct 15, 2014 at 3:13 PM Post #159 of 258
  Shame about those cheap-looking red & blue channel indicators - spoil the aesthetic somewhat - a colour anodised aluminium or similar would've been better... Won't stop me getting a pair though.

Nah, you realize how small that is especially if those are medium tips on there. I also don't want that cable going against metal so no aluminum as a relief for me. I want a layer of flexible quality rubber or silicone in between the stainless and cable to help with wear, noise suppression, and identification is another bonus. To me, it looks better than another metallic part making them too monotone with the housing, spring guides, and reliefs all being a metallic finish.
smile.gif

Oct 15, 2014 at 4:46 PM Post #160 of 258
Great stuff dweaver! Nice job.

Oct 15, 2014 at 8:48 PM Post #161 of 258

Yeah it kinda does spoil the looks a little. But at least you'll never miss which side is which. 

Oct 18, 2014 at 1:40 AM Post #162 of 258
Doing a bit of comparison between the T10i and the Fidelio L2.

Both headphones are warm but the T10i is definitely harder hitting in the bass and more rolled off in the treble. The midrange is more balanced on the L2. I have to say after getting used to the T10i I am appreciating the L2 more than I was and I may decide to keep the L2. Been wavering on them since I got them LOL, it doesn't help that I am having to take a bath trying to sell them though.

I would say the L2 is more balanced ultimately and the T10i is more bass oriented or "fun".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back